D&D 5E Need ideas/help for succubus taking a soul

Depending on the starting alignment of the priest, there are many possible outcome.
The priest was of good alignment.
His higher spell slot no longer regenerate. I'd go as low as all spells of level 3 and higher. Making him only able to get spells of 1st and second level and stuck with cantrips, 4 level one slots and 3 level 2 slots. All other slots are useless as his deity will no longer grant him such power.
At this point the player will seek help from his church. His former accointances of his church will shun him but have one low level acolyte come to him and tell him that his case has been discussed by the higher ups and it was found that he did evil things. He should do a quest to atone himself, yaddi yadda. I leave you the details.

From this there are two possibilities. The first is that the acolyte is the succubi in disguise whom is sending him to his death so that she can collect. Or the acolyte is actually a deva/angel emissary of his god and the quest is genuine. The quest should be hard but not impossible. It could also be a chain quest for each level spell slots he has to recover. I would also require him to make a vow of poverty and to forsake magic items and to only keep enough money for his living (modest) expenses. All other excess treasure should be given to the poor. As long as the succubi lives, these restrictions should apply.

A neutral priest should suffer the same fate but with less restrictions.

Remove ads