• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Need Image or Thoughts on BBEG's Appearance, Please Help!

pontinyc

Explorer
TL;DR at bottom.

I'm running Rise of the Runelords (a Pathfinder adventure path) adapted for 5e, thus I'm placing this question here. The final BBEG, dude named Karzoug whom the party won't encounter for a very long time (not until level 20, they're currently lvl 3) is starting to make appearances in statuary and artwork throughout the game world.

As depicted in the printed AP, he appears simply as a humanoid (human features) wizard of about 65 years old. In actuality, he is a phenomenally powerful creature who's lived for eons. He is also the ancient Runelord (think overlord) of Greed in this world. Because of this, I'd love for his true/alternate appearance to be something far more imaginative, far darker, far more greed-fueled than what it currently is. I'd love for my players to be quaking by the time they encounter him.

It's possible that I'll use this alternate appearance as his "true" appearance which has been shaped by his nature (NE, all actions fueled by Greed and a lust for power). While he will certainly reveal this terrifying shape to the party in the final battle, I'd love to drop clues and images of this alternate appearance well before then.

All this to say. . . anybody got any cool images they'd be willing to share or cool ideas I could use to then commission of piece of art for? If you're sharing an image, I'll of course credit the artist wherever appropriate.

Thanks, everyone!

TL;DR: need an image or cool description of a god-like wizard who is eons old and whose actions are fueled very singularly by greed. He can look like ANYTHING.

Cyber-Dave

Explorer
capa_549392_1449636156.jpeg195225204c720bd48f883bfec00e2dfa.jpg

Here is a play on the whole, "Jealousy, the green-eyed monster," theme. I figured that jealousy and greed are related concepts, so this might work.

Last edited:

ccs

41st lv DM
I present to you the true image of Karzouk, Lord of Greed:

Karzouk.jpg

A psychotic, CE, awakened animal/ex-familiar with sorcerer class lvs. Possibly with delusions of grander....
Insists that he is the reincarnation of the Runelord of Greed.

"Raawk: Finger of Death...."

Cyber-Dave

Explorer
Um, Draegan... you might want to crop that image just a tad higher. I love the concept. That image, however, shows... well, it shows. Might not fly with the terms of service. :p

Remove ads