• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need Recommendations: Spy Thriller Novels

Gilladian

Adventurer
for other authors to try, I recommend Anthony Horowitz - he has a YA adventure series (Alec Rider is the main character) that's quite good. And the author of the Young James Bond series; I can't bring his name to mind, but he's good...

If you want something dystopian, you could try Veronica Roth's Divergent series; they've got a romance element to them, but the action and worldbuilding are good.

Helen MacInnes wrote some good lower key spy thrillers back in the 50's, mostly set during the war. They've all got a romantic element, as I recall, but I liked them a lot when I read them.

For action/thriller but not really spy related, the whole Preston & Child "Pendergast" series that begins with Relic is good. The first one involves the Museum of Natural History and something killing visitors... would make a superb CoC type scenario.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads