Need some refugee bickering ideas (Solved)

Zweihander RPG campaign (Low-power, low magic fantasy setting.

The low-level PCs will be manning a staging point for refugees fleeing war. All semblance of organization and control of the process have broken down, and the serfs involved are dragging along everything they can carry and herd. The PCs will provide shelter for the night, food, and then send them along the way.

What I'm looking for is ideas of RP headaches for the PCs; nothing large or violent (the violence for the scenario is already covered), or which requires the PCs to abandon their post. The refugees leave each morning, more straggle past all day, and then beginning in late afternoon they fill up the PC camp. Next morning the process repeats itself with different people.

I have two serfs getting ready to knife each other in a dispute over who owns a particular pig, but beyond that I'm drawing a blank.

Ideas?

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Not sure if this is the sort of mini-strife you're looking for, but here a handful of ideas:
  • Accusation that someone's dog bit another.
  • A child lost in the crowd.
  • An aggressive panhandler hassles passersby.
  • A fight breaks out over a game of dice.
  • Broken-down cart in road blocks passage.
  • Thief caught stealing property/food.
  • Minor disagreement escalates to (obviously false) accusations of "enemy collaboration."

Not sure if this is the sort of mini-strife you're looking for, but here a handful of ideas:
  • Accusation that someone's dog bit another.
  • A child lost in the crowd.
  • An aggressive panhandler hassles passersby.
  • A fight breaks out over a game of dice.
  • Broken-down cart in road blocks passage.
  • Thief caught stealing property/food.
  • Minor disagreement escalates to (obviously false) accusations of "enemy collaboration."

Definitely useful!

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Humor (I hope):
  • Somebody brought a pet hedgehog / porcupine / skunk, which was jostled against somebody else in a confined space and ...
  • Peasant 1's cow ate the straw that was supposed to become Peasant 2's bedding
  • Your animal ate (or befouled) my dinner !
  • Flock of geese is wandering across the fields / road and are claiming the right-of-way

Remove ads