D&D 5E Need suggestions for epic tasks worthy of a demigod

jrowland

First Post
What about bytopia? Maybe two mountain peaks almost touch and each time he gets it to the top of one it “falls” and rolls down the other?

I like that! Although classically its Hades, Hell, Gehenna, etc

I just thought its apropos, since a sisyphusian task is pointless one, and the PCs are (sort of) on a sisyphusian task themselves...

OB1

Jedi Master
I like that! Although classically its Hades, Hell, Gehenna, etc

I just thought its apropos, since a sisyphusian task is pointless one, and the PCs are (sort of) on a sisyphusian task themselves...

Gehenna was the other location I was strongly considering, but didn’t want it to be the actual Sisyphusian task since this one needs to be accomplishable and like adding a some D&D Lore flavor to it.

Still trying to come up with at least 4 more ideas. I’ve also started contemplating having rival would be Demi-gods competing to complete the tasks ahead of the party, and want to be able to remove some tasks as completed when they get back from one quest and have others pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

OB1

Jedi Master
[MENTION=6886148]Herosmith14[/MENTION]

Looking for things a bit more whimsical in nature and a quite a bit less dangerous than killing a god. These are tasks that are meant to increase the status and prestige of the party in the outer planes. The list so far is below. I've still got writers block on trying to think of 4 or 5 more ideas to round this out.

1. Bring and end to Dionysus' 742 year long drunken celebration with the Bacchae in Arborea
2. Return Gan's glade in the Beastlands to it's natural state. Thanks, Eltab
3. Steal Acereraks' family jewels from his prison in Carceri. Thanks, ArchfiendBobbie
4. Collect all of the pine cones in the Vindmere Forest of Arborea. Thanks, Ganymede81
5. Assist Mahlhevik in parting the Silver Sea so that Sytris and Japheth may visit him once more.
6. End the Wearbear curse sweeping through the Serpent Spine in Ysgard. Thanks, Landon Guss
7. Help Lily and Adoma reach Nirvana. Thanks Draegn & Tormyr
8. Get Sys's boulder to balance atop the highest peak of Shurrock and Dothion. Thanks, jrowland

Coroc

Hero
Unravel a part of the demonweb.

Put a portable hole into a bag of Holding and survive the dimensional rift this creates.

Kill an ancient of every colored Dragon to make a lifelike animated statue of tiamat

Gwarok

Explorer
A long time ago a kingdom angered the gods who withdrew their protection completely. Orcus unleashed a "Walking Dead" wave of contagious zombies and the capital city/castle was literally taken into Orcus's realm and is ruled over by the Demon who brought about the corruption. The valley or region is now shunned by all around it, home to the living dead. Heroe's mission:

1) Fight thru the undead infested lands to get to the now barren space occupied by the cursed city/castle.
2) Travel from there to Orcus's realm
3) Defeat the BBEG and return the land to normal. Maybe they can even take it over.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Kill a god maybe? (Bad, obviously)
More Realmslore: Prevent Bhaal (god of murder) from re-forming. Start with Murder in Balder's Gate, but let the PCs figure out early on that the would-be Dukes are all diversions (or symptoms of the real problem).
You ultimately have to do something about the poisoned river where Bhaal was killed by another god while crossing a bridge.

Remove ads