• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Need White Dragon image help

sabrinathecat

Explorer
whitedragonMM.jpg

Here's the first image that I was looking for.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Anyone interested in my progress:
Here are some renders of the skin.
Now I just have to rig the bones, joints, and controllers. Problem is, the instructions I have are for a humanoid, so I'm going to have a lot of trial&error. Very time consuming.

WD037a.jpeg

WD037b.jpeg

WD037c.jpeg

When I have more to show you, you'll see it here.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
"How do you tell? I mean, what sex a dragon is?"
"You could try asking. Very Politely."
--- I think the book was called Enchanter by Bailey.
I think I have the rig and controls 99% working. Now just a matter of binding the skin to the joints--seriously PITA (pain in the patutie)

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
She's Snowstar. Probably sounds a lot more complicated in the common tongue though :heh: And now i need to make an adventure with a white dragon in it.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Where's the fun in using someone else's model? The whole point was to build my own.
And at this point, it's a matter of weight-painting (assigning the polys&nodes to the joints I want them to respond to--not always the nearest).
And hoping the rig doesn't break somewhere along the way.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Time for some updates.
Have the rig done.
Now I'm trying to weight-paint (attach the vertexes to the correct joints in the correct proportion). Does not help that the tools do not work as advertised.
Anyway.
WD159a.jpeg
WD159b.jpeg

sabrinathecat

Explorer
SnowStar still needs a lot of weight-painting, but here's a preview. Wings are about 1/3 set, and most of the back is now attached properly. Still tons of work to do.
WD188a.jpeg
WD188b.jpeg
WD188c.jpeg
WD188d.jpeg
WD188e.jpeg

Remove ads