Net-Fu needed to find a particular type of table cover...

Pbartender

First Post
My Net-Fu is full of fail this morning.

Our new house has enough extra space to set aside a corner of the basement as a dedicated "gaming room". It's not quite ready yet, but we've been slowly picking up bits and pieces here and there from thrift stores and garage sales to furnish it with. Yesterday, I finally got a suitable table from the local Goodwill.

Now, a while back, I was watching a home improvement show in passing, and in it they were turning an old table into a card table. To resurface it, they used a sort of vinyl mat -- it looked not unlike the same material used for battle mats -- with green felt or baize on one side. They rolled it out on the table, cut it to shape, and then just put molding around the edge of the table as a kind of bumper to hold the mat down without glue or tacks.

So, I'm trying to find this felt-backed vinyl mat material that they used, and I'm utterly failing.

Can anyone help?

Pbartender

First Post
52' Round Vinyl Table Pad - Bed Bath & Beyond

This? I googled "card table vinyl felt" and these came up. 10 bucks, and fits your description.

Yeah... very close. I saw similar items, but the problem is that my table is a 75' by 40' oblong. (EDIT: Although I see now that they have them in several different sizes.) I was trying to find a bulk roll of that sort of table pad that I could cut to shape.

And it's too bad they don't have them in green or any other color than white.

Remove ads