• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Netscape 7.0 vs. Internet Explorer 6.0?

I have always used the various incarnations of IE, but for some reason, I decided to download Netscape 7.0 Preview Release and I'm pretty impressed. I'm wondering if some of the more computer-savvy members here could assist me in listing their opinions as to which browser they believe is superior and why.

Also, if you use a browser that is neither of the above and you herald it as the greatest thus far, please list what it is and why you feel the way you do about it.

Thanks to all that respond.

:)

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

It is not perfect, but I like Opera a lot.

I find it quicker the IE and Netscape, and it has an option to turn off consoles (no more pop up ads).

Between Netscape&IE- I will go with IE. Netscape has always been slow, and the last few times I have dealt with it- it had an AOL aura all about it.

It is a shame they are buying out spinner- I bet they mess it up. haha.

FD

pensiv

Explorer
in spite of AOL/TimeWarner's ownership of Netscape, the Mozilla browser (which Netscape is based on) is an open source project.

Now, if you like the basic features and functionality of Netscape, but don't want certain cumbersome "plug-ins" I would highly suggest www.mozilla.org to download the Mozilla browser in it's purest form. Netscape 7 may be in the preview stages, but the Mozilla browser recently had a "final" release (ver 1.0)

Mozilla1.0/NS7 has the same option to turn off popups that Opera has. Big plus

I like both IE6 and Mozilla1.0 (NS7). Feel free to experiment with each.

Last edited:

Tharkun

First Post
You beat me to it :)

Hm...

Well, given any browser out there I would choose Opera & Mozilla for the reasons that people have already beat me to :D

I honestly use both (though for different reasons) like for instance some of you may or may not notice but for me whenever I use IE here I get a white backround :( It's not even following the web standards...that's bad. But if I have to choose I'd choose Mozilla (Netscape).

XCorvis

First Post
One big plus of Mozillia over NS7 is that Mozilla doesn't have any advertising BUILT IN. Netscape is filled with buttons telling you to buy things.

I also heard that NS7 actually doesn't let you stop pop-ups easily - you have to do a work-around as opposed to checking a settings box.

I use Mozilla 1.0 on the boards all the time. The one problem I've found is that is renders the text box (where I am typing right now) smaller than in IE. Just smaller, not "too small to use." Other than that, I haven't found a single problem or difference.

Remove ads