3PP Release New 3PP release: Arcane Sniper

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
For those who have wanted a ranger-based (as opposed to fighter-based) arcane marksman type, I've got you covered. This release covers the new Arcane Sniper archetype, 6 new standard spells and introduces the concept of multiclass spells which enhance the class features of a different class (or, as in this case, enhance the features of a tertiary casting version of a non-caster class). There will be more sets of multiclass spells coming in MoAR volumes 3 and 4.

Attachments

• Arcane Sniper cover.png
    Arcane Sniper cover.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 69

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Bought it before it was even posted, here... INSIDER INFORMATION!

Bought it so early I got a limited edition "Slightly messed up" version with a locked in two-page layout (4-pages if you put your Pdf reader onto two-page layout!)

Awww yeah. This'll be worth millions, someday. MILLIONS I TELL YOU!

Heraldofi

Explorer
Love the multiclass spell idea, that's a really solid way to encourage a brief spellcaster dip for more martially inclined characters, and for players who want to focus on shooting/tracking etc, a lot of these are a good way to convert spell slots into more convenient, always on passive abilities.

That being said, I think there's some 5e/A5e confusion going on in the Restorative Hike spell, which seems to work around Favored Terrain, which isn't an A5e thing. Familiar Terrain applies in all "natural" terrains, so presumably the ability should just work if you're outdoors in general? I'm thinking you could just replace "in your favored terrain" with "in a natural terrain" in the spell description.

Timespike

Love the multiclass spell idea, that's a really solid way to encourage a brief spellcaster dip for more martially inclined characters, and for players who want to focus on shooting/tracking etc, a lot of these are a good way to convert spell slots into more convenient, always on passive abilities.

That being said, I think there's some 5e/A5e confusion going on in the Restorative Hike spell, which seems to work around Favored Terrain, which isn't an A5e thing. Familiar Terrain applies in all "natural" terrains, so presumably the ability should just work if you're outdoors in general? I'm thinking you could just replace "in your favored terrain" with "in a natural terrain" in the spell description.
That's an easy fix. I'm going to give it a few days to see if I missed anything else that needs to be tweaked, but I'll get that updated.

Timespike

An updated version incorporating this and some other feedback is now available for download.

Also, just for fun, I threw in 3 new magic items based on the cover artwork and another illustration in it. :)

Remove ads