New adventure path from ENP

Speaking of powers - use and create terrain powers as they are described in DMG2. I haven't seen them much in use so far, but I think they are pretty awesome - even for people that have trouble looking beyond their power cards.

Blackbrrd

First Post
Regarding technical details, having unmarked maps (no monsters, traps or names) to use for players and smaller marked maps for the DM is something missing from 99% of the modules I use, partially including WotBS. It should be something like 1 minute extra work pr map to get the unmarked map when you have the original non-flat files.

These unmarked maps should be available as a digital download in one nice map-pack with clear hints of which encounter they belong to.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I'd like to recommend that in the Experience Tracking chart you include a column for (or replace a column with) xp/PC. I think it's easier to calculate how to adjust combats this way.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'd like to recommend that in the Experience Tracking chart you include a column for (or replace a column with) xp/PC. I think it's easier to calculate how to adjust combats this way.

Could you explain that a little more? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Could you explain that a little more? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Sure (I might over explain, because I'm not sure which bit you didn't understand):

For example, in The Scouring of Gate Pass, the Experience Tracking chart on page 2. The first encounter is worth 700 xp--but split between 5 characters it's 140 xp. I'd like a chart reflecting that you expect each character to gain 140 xp out of the encounter.

This helps in a rough scaling of encounters for 4 or 6 because that's also the amount of xp you want to scale the encounter by per character. For a party of 4, I need to remove roughly 140 xp worth of creatures, and for a party of 6 I need to add roughly 140 xp worth of creatures (in the example, maybe one of the hazards and one or two minions, or something).

It's just a useful number to have handy, and I don't want to worry about doing the math in my head (675/5? 725/5?).

Thanks!

Blackbrrd

First Post
I use the xp charts to see when they should level up since I don't track xp. This way the players don't get into encounters to get xp, but to accomplish a goal. :)

ssampier

First Post
I am not very familiar with WotBS. I have more than enough APs for awhile. That said I think I would like a shorter AP, maybe 1-10 or 1-15.

Start in a city. We have done the quaint villages to death. The first adventure can be an mystery; just don't forget the three clues rule.

Another thought, could you do a tight module trilogy with the same mystery, but then expand it out more (like layers of an onion)?

Decent names. Fantasy worlds are full of kenning words (Sandpoint, Freeport, Waterdeep). Maybe something different?

I like demons, devils, and outer planar creatures, however, they have been done to death.

Pirates are cool, as are Cthulhu elements, something more specific like the Yellow Sign. Like a more cool version of Freeport trilogy.

Vampires are cool, too, especially if you can put a unique twist on them. Lyncathropes are cool also.

Here are some weird ideas I gleaned from the thread**:

* An "ancient good", a "new evil"
* Planar Pirates. Could we have planar ninjas, too?
* Reoccurring "good-guy"

** only try these if you can pull it off

Remove ads