• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New animal: Lynx

mzsylver

Explorer
thatdarncat said:

Lynx
Small Animal
Hit Dice: 2d8 (8 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft.
AC: 12 (+1 Size, +1 Dex)
Attacks: 2 Claws +3, bite -2
Damage: Claw 1d3, bite 1d4
Face/Reach: 5 ft. by 5 ft./5ft
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: -
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 7, Dex 13, Con 10,
Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Balance +9, Climb +4, Hide +14*,
Listen +4, Move Silently +8, Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse (claw, bite)

as someone else suggested, change the damage to 1d3-2, 134-2 for the Claws and Bite. i would up the lynx's dexterity to 17... cats are cool like that :cool:

Sojourn

First Post
I also like kitties. But the thread title is wrong- the lynx isn't a new animal, its from the 1st edition monster manual, and speaks its own language, leading to the accompanying cartoon: "What do you mean, we've got to talk to this lynx? The last monster we talked to ate 1/2 the party!!"

Cleon

Legend
I also like kitties. But the thread title is wrong- the lynx isn't a new animal, its from the 1st edition monster manual, and speaks its own language, leading to the accompanying cartoon: "What do you mean, we've got to talk to this lynx? The last monster we talked to ate 1/2 the party!!"

That's the "Giant Lynx" not the regular sized one.

We didn't get official D&D stats for an ordinary Lynx until 2003, in Races of Faerûn.

Remove ads