New Battlestar Galactica

Zardnaar

Legend
Sequel then to the reboot?

Did a rewatch recently and enjoyed it more than first time around.

Just gave to wait. Would check it out.

"This has all happened before, and this will all happen again."

Well, lets just hope it's not a Prequel set during the First Cylon War. Or something beyond horrible like...sigh....a Kidz Re-imaging about a group of cool, misfit, ''runaway", orphan teens living on the Glattatica during the 2003 re boot. And you could have cool scenes like the cool kids are rapping and dancing to a beat in the hallway, and Adama walks by to growl "no dancing on my ship!"

At the most basic Battlestar Galactica HAS to be, ahem, "Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica leads a rag-tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest…a shining planet known as Earth.” Really, the genre don't not really have room for "other" things. Like you can't do a Caprica Cops show, or 12 Colonies CSI, or Cylon Full House.

BUT......well, they COULD do it all again. Set in the same universe as the 2003 one.....but now like 200,000 years in the future with yet ANOTHER 12 colonies and yet ANOTHER AI is a crapshoot revolution.......but, you know with a different spin. And....heck....you could have any of the 'old' actors come back as new characters...or even as their original characters if they are cylons or "angels".

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I will wait and see, but I am unmoved.

A different story in the same universe. Not intended to be a limited series. And will be on the 'peacock'.

None of those really excite me. I will have to be a story we care about, but I can't really think about much but a continuation of the 2003 story from some time after where it was left off from. That, and it will be something they try to get several seasons out of it sounds like. I liked the finite feel of the last reboot. I enjoy having that closure.

Janx

Hero
there's another streaming service? Crap.

Sam Esmail does good work. And it's not a reboot. Tired of those and I liked the new BSG way better than the old one.

They tried a prequel set during the First Cylon War, the Blood and Chrome movie that was a failed pilot for a prequel series based around a young William Adama just starting his career. Probably never caught on because it was released to the web without a whole lot of fanfare.

They had the spinoff movie Razor, about the Pegasus between the fall of the Colonies and when they encountered Galactica. Basically a horror story of the nightmare of Admiral Cain and her war crimes and atrocities.

They had the Caprica prequel series set during the development of the first modern Cylons, that went one season and generally fizzled because it wanted to be more Dynasty or Falcon Crest in Space and was mostly tedious melodrama that only occasionally touched on what people were looking for in a BSG pilot series.

What other prequel or spinoff options do they really have? More of life on occupied Caprica?

Zardnaar

Legend
They tried a prequel set during the First Cylon War, the Blood and Chrome movie that was a failed pilot for a prequel series based around a young William Adama just starting his career. Probably never caught on because it was released to the web without a whole lot of fanfare.

They had the spinoff movie Razor, about the Pegasus between the fall of the Colonies and when they encountered Galactica. Basically a horror story of the nightmare of Admiral Cain and her war crimes and atrocities.

They had the Caprica prequel series set during the development of the first modern Cylons, that went one season and generally fizzled because it wanted to be more Dynasty or Falcon Crest in Space and was mostly tedious melodrama that only occasionally touched on what people were looking for in a BSG pilot series.

What other prequel or spinoff options do they really have? More of life on occupied Caprica?

Different ship in the fleet, different ship list in space, hidden or lost colony.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases