New Campaign New Character

Minthrilheart

First Post
This is my first my post since im a new member.

My DM has put me and my friends in a long campaign about 2.5 years old and it is now near to an end. He plans on creating another campaign in a few months.

Basically my post will be to ask EN World members to help me out create a theme for a Dwarven Psion Character.

I am not good with themes, so I ask for help. The campaign setting will be in the Forgotten Realms. I plan on conjuring the powers of Psychokinesis.

Well if no one replies to my post. I can't say I tried.

Thanks

Well, what do you mean by theme?

I'd look to the character's background to define his/her "theme" so I would ask myself the following questions.

• Are psionic powers common in the character's home region?
  • Are psiconic powers view favorably, unfavorably, or ignored in the region?
  • When did psionic powers manifest?
  • How did the character's family, friends, and fellow citizens react to the manifestation of his psionic powers?
  • Why did the character leave the home region?
  • Any funny stories regarding his psionic powers?
  • Any tragic/sad stories regarding his psionic powers?

Of course, the powers you pick will affect the "theme" of the character. Maybe he's afraid of fire, so he avoids fire-related powers. Or maybe he's afraid of fire, so he is fascinated by fire and actually learns quite a bit about it and concentrates on fire-based powers.....

I have not played a psion, but the powers seem kind of varied, so you can pick some and avoid others, all based on your character's theme.

Just some thoughts. And you got at least one reply.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Say that he's 1/2 (or 1/4) duergar; that's a good background story for why he got psi powers... :D

Minthrilheart

First Post
Great Idea!

Thanks for the Input.

I plan on creating a web site, with my story and with my friends stories all together.

Thanks again, everyones Ideas are welcomed and very helpful.

Minthrilheart

First Post
Illithids spawing a new breed

I was thinking, maybe Illithids can be part of the cause of my Psionic abilities.

What do you folks think?

I can be the slave of an Illithid that has gone through major mental experiments that allowed me to use psionic abilities.

Hmmm, this can be a good start!

And of course there will be down sides, like being hunted down by Illithids or something.. Just some doodle

Feel free to add more people!

Thanks a million!

Remove ads