new characters sheets

GlassEye

Adventurer
In general, an excellent sheet. I do have a couple of comments for your consideration. Most are based on my experience/personal preference so whether you include them or not is up to you.

1. I notice you’ve removed the ‘Char_Info_Div’ section at the bottom of the ‘Basic Information’ section. This is what allows the ‘Adventures’ page on the wiki to work with character thumbnails, etc. though I’ve noticed it has fallen out of use of late. I like the listing of active adventures but maybe we should discuss whether it is something we want to continue using.

2. Perhaps use one section entitled ‘Personal Characteristics’ (currently ‘Description’), with subheadings for ‘Appearance’, ‘Demeanor’, and ‘Background’. Perhaps use higher level heading markup (i.e. use == instead of === for most headings) for most sections with subheadings. Or combine all that under one heading. Note, I use the higher level headings on all my characters if you want to check and see what they look like in use.

3. ‘Armor Class’ and ‘Saving Throws’ could be subheadings under ‘Combat Statistics’.

4. Not every modifier applies to every Armor Class. Perhaps add an ‘X’ in those lines where the modifier is not applicable (e.g. DEX and Dodge for Flat-footed AC).

5. I like a three-line weapon block under ‘Offense’. The first line is the complete stats, the second line is the modifiers to hit, the third line is crit, type, range, and special. I feel separating out with one bit of information per line makes the sheet too long. I’ve used a three-line weapon notation with Qalabash if you want to see it in action.

6. I don’t think ‘Adventuring Skills’ and ‘Background Skills’ should be in separate lists. Add a notation in the skill line indicating background/adventuring skills and add a line at the top for number of additional skill points for background skills. Reason: normal skill points can still be spent on background skills. Breaking the list apart like that indicates that that is not the case and makes it confusing if the skill point totals don’t match. Should the notation for background skills be: Skill Points: ?? = [Level (?) x2]?

7. I think ‘Encumbrance’ and ‘Used Items’ should be part of ‘Equipment’; subheading or included in the main block.

8. You have ‘Character Notes’ included in the ‘Familiar’ block.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
1. I notice you’ve removed the ‘Char_Info_Div’ section at the bottom of the ‘Basic Information’ section. This is what allows the ‘Adventures’ page on the wiki to work with character thumbnails, etc. though I’ve noticed it has fallen out of use of late. I like the listing of active adventures but maybe we should discuss whether it is something we want to continue using.

I never understood it's use or purpose. Now that you've explained it, it makes sense, but I don't know if it's necessary. Up for discussion?

2. Perhaps use one section entitled ‘Personal Characteristics’ (currently ‘Description’), with subheadings for ‘Appearance’, ‘Demeanor’, and ‘Background’. Perhaps use higher level heading markup (i.e. use == instead of === for most headings) for most sections with subheadings. Or combine all that under one heading. Note, I use the higher level headings on all my characters if you want to check and see what they look like in use.

I had that tabbed together on the fancy sheet, still working with the straight layout. I liked having this section at the top, because it describes the characterization before the mechanics, but I don't know if its too much at the top.

3. ‘Armor Class’ and ‘Saving Throws’ could be subheadings under ‘Combat Statistics’.

I had both under defense with tabs, but I see what you mean.

4. Not every modifier applies to every Armor Class. Perhaps add an ‘X’ in those lines where the modifier is not applicable (e.g. DEX and Dodge for Flat-footed AC).

good idea

5. I like a three-line weapon block under ‘Offense’. The first line is the complete stats, the second line is the modifiers to hit, the third line is crit, type, range, and special. I feel separating out with one bit of information per line makes the sheet too long. I’ve used a three-line weapon notation with Qalabash if you want to see it in action.

i get the concern, but I feel like that third line is cramped.... i like easily being to see all weapon info, maybe ill try something else

6. I don’t think ‘Adventuring Skills’ and ‘Background Skills’ should be in separate lists. Add a notation in the skill line indicating background/adventuring skills and add a line at the top for number of additional skill points for background skills. Reason: normal skill points can still be spent on background skills. Breaking the list apart like that indicates that that is not the case and makes it confusing if the skill point totals don’t match. Should the notation for background skills be: Skill Points: ?? = [Level (?) x2]?

i have another idea i want to play with too, but yes this needs to be addressed one way or another

7. I think ‘Encumbrance’ and ‘Used Items’ should be part of ‘Equipment’; subheading or included in the main block.

will tkae a look, i have to mess with when/where to put the pre tags

8. You have ‘Character Notes’ included in the ‘Familiar’ block.

fixed

Aura

Explorer
I suggest moving the appearance/background stuff so it's not buried in the statistics. First is good, last is good.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases