Level Up (A5E) New Classes, Subclasses, Cultures, etc.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
One of the new classes I'd love to see A5E do is the Swordmage type. We seem destined to not get this out of O5E ( I'm under-whelmed by their fixes for this, except the Tasha's Bladesinger, that was awesome. ). But an 'Arcane' Paladin type is something I've seen a lot of people ask for, and I'm one of them.
Bladechanter>Whirling incantor > Eldritch Whirlwind master. With 3 wizard archetypes & 5 fighter archetypes that leaves 3^5=243 possible swordmage routes before even getting into the class & archetype choices available to each.

Page 75 for Backgrounds, page 96 for destinies, and there is the mixed heritage part on 23, but that is all I can find.
I think when I read the mixed heritages part, I mistook that for designing it, though Age, Size, Speed, Heritage Gift and Paragon Gift are mentioned and examples exist in the ones provided, so I didn't think it'd be too hard to make new ones around these.

Another thought on this is that it'd be interesting to see the various Classes in different eras/styles. For instance, having something like steampunk (which would fit into Eberron fairly well).

Demiurge108

Villager
in a psionic class i REALLY love tho see a mix of adept/preco class of starfinder. A psyhic zoomer like Alex Laguna if my memory was right from Rogue Genius Games compagny. And a minbender, a psionic speciased in telepathy or a equivalent of mesmerize of pathfinder version full spellcaster class.

Remove ads