• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Content or Better Content?

Obryn

Hero
Is this a good time to point out that I actually think the Bladesinger is a great marriage of good content, and less bloat?

Really, I think it's pretty neat, potentially effective, and it cuts down the new powers in Character Builder by hijacking the Wizard's spell list. So, I like this sort of new class.

-O

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Looking at the print market - I expect few people are going to pay for reworked old content. Folks expect errata for free, and gripe from here to the heavens if they try to repackage old content in a new book. There's no direct payoff for fixing things if the market isn't going to pay for them.

I know I'm in the minority- well, several, really- but I would actually pay for a HotFK-sized, softcover book of corrections & revisions.

Too small a market? Perhaps...well, even probably. But I'd also be willing to pay a bit more for books that followed an editing decision found in Task Force Games' Star Fleet Battles supplements. In those, each supplement contained corrections for previous releases. For SFB, that gave me multiple reasons to buy the supplements: I got new ships; I got new scenarios; and I got fixes for what was FUBAR in previous products.

The same could work just as well for, well, nearly any expanding gaming system.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Not really interested in print products that fix the past, frankly. I really want really good adventures with encounters that use terrain, and cool new monsters, evocative descriptions, bizarre locales, great plots. I also want really cool encounters I can plug and play (I miss sidetreks).

The "magic" seems to be missing from Dungeon articles right now.

Maybe I'm old and jaded, I don't know, but something is missing from WotC right now (like content at all, largely).

Tony Vargas

Legend
So, my question to you is, "Would you rather see new content, or would you rather they fixed all the current content?"
If anything, current content has been over-fixed. That is, they're getting around to fixing stuff that wasn't broke, and ruining.

I'd prefer new content that doesn't suck. It'd be a refreshing change of pace from the last year.

Remove ads