D&D 5E New D&D Hardcover To Be Announced On The 23rd (Tomorrow)?

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead). So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow. [Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond]. WotC has posted the below animation...

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead).

So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

[Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond].

WotC has posted the below animation, which says “The Mist Beckons”.

Eu15emPXcAQLSQQ.jpeg

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Which one is it? The 2e versions had a lot in them on the various lands while the 3e and 3.5 were more generic horror sourcebooks and the different lands and their lords were detailed in splat books because it was white Wolf and they love their splats.
I'm not getting out of bed and turning on the lights st this hour but it has a d20 logo somewhere so probably 3.5

R_J_K75

Legend
Can probably makes guesses for other world's though based in naming conventions. Wanders Guide to Athas things like that.
The Spelljammers Guide to Spelljammer? Never occurred to me but I cant really think of anything comparable to Van Richten, the Wanderer or Elminster in Spelljammer.

I'm not getting out of bed and turning on the lights st this hour but it has a d20 logo somewhere so probably 3.5
The one you have is Ravenloft Campaign Setting (3E). I know this because I own it too. The reason you can't find it on dmsguild is because it was replaced with the "3.5" update, "Ravenloft Player's Handbook".

The content is almost identical, except for the 3.5 "updates", which unfortunately weren't done by the Kargatane, but by others, and aren't particularly well done, so there's not much to be gained by the update.

Remove ads

Remove ads