D&D 5E New D&D Hardcover To Be Announced On The 23rd (Tomorrow)?

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead). So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow. [Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond]. WotC has posted the below animation...

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead).

So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

[Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond].

WotC has posted the below animation, which says “The Mist Beckons”.

Eu15emPXcAQLSQQ.jpeg

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Ravnica gave advice on urban adventures, Theros on using Gods as antagonists, and Eberron on Pulp and Noir. Plus there is always a new mechanic (guilds and renown, faith and piety, patrons) that get into the mix.
it would be nice if they put all that stuff in one book.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
Once during 2e I showed the players the top of the cover they were going to play that day. When one player saw "Ravenloft" he said: "We are all going to die. Marc wants to kill the campaign!" all the others were horrified. I had to spend 10 minutes calming everyone.

We proceeded and the adventure was The Created, in which PCs become 6" tall wood puppets and must find their stolen bodies. They were really upset but they played the module nonetheless. They recovered their bodies after 7 hours of stressful play. ( I seem to remember the module has a time limit after which the PCs become wood puppets permanently. Could be wrong.)

After, I was told never to do something like that again or bring a Ravenloft module to the table. Note that this group also refused to play CoC or Vampire the Masquerade. You need prior consent to play these types of adventurers.

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm not a fan of Ravenloft.
The closest I ever got to running Curse of Strahd would have revealed the PCs were deliberately teleported to arrive at a broken teleportation circle and ended up inbetween life and death dealing with the realm of Barovia seeking a way back.
By defeating Strahd they'd just find themselves at their location in time for Storm King's Thunder to start with only their starting gear as everything gained in Barovia stayed there.
I pictured it as terrifying maybe enough to pick up the original.
This if its just their version of a Monster book then its of no interest to me, I liked that release a edition or two ago where they dealt with the same subject of horror in various settings and that would be of interest.
I won't pre-order this as I want to be sure before I go any further.

hopeless

Adventurer
Could always have them wake up following a bitter one sided fight against either lycanthropes or a single vampire finding their wounds being tended by a travelling herbalist who doesn't explain why they're still alive.
Eventually able to move on they reach the next town and upon talking to them they learn about the mysterious Blue Lady an otherwise indescript travelling herbalist whose very presence scares the hell out of the monsters dwelling out beyond the settlement walls.
Eventually run into their former enemy who stops after recognises them then before they can initiate combat they start looking around literally scared as they start running away yelling, "Look we're sorry okay please tell that witch to leave us alone!"
As they go up in level let them run across more stories about the traveller who rescued them until they find themselves able to return the favor how would your players like the setting then?

Remove ads

Remove ads