D&D 5E New D&D Hardcover To Be Announced On The 23rd (Tomorrow)?

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead). So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow. [Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond]. WotC has posted the below animation...

According to this page on Amazon.com, a new Dungeon & Dragons hardcover title for May will be announced tomorrow. Users in the US see the product below (those in the UK are seeing a Wizkids miniatures set instead).

So far signs look like Ravenloft, but we’ll know for sure tomorrow.

[Update -- also mentioned by Todd Kendrick, recently of D&D Beyond].

WotC has posted the below animation, which says “The Mist Beckons”.

Eu15emPXcAQLSQQ.jpeg

dave2008

Legend

"New D&D Hardcover To Be Announced On The 23rd (Tomorrow)"​

Really, what's the point of making us wait a day to announce the product? This more than what the title is, is what aggravates me. I'm going to go spend all my disposable income today so I cant afford whatever it is tomorrow, take that WotC!!
It is not an WotC issue it is Amazon issue, I think. There is no need to pre-announce the announcement. I imagine WotC tells Amazon we are announcing a new book on 2/23/2021 - here is what it is. Amazon then chooses to make a placeholder. I would guess it is on Amazon, not WotC.

Lieslo

Explorer
Too early for Ravenloft or Innistad given they have only recently released UA classes so I'm going with Dragonlance or Plane-Jammer

dave2008

Legend
It seems strange that they’d be announcing tomorrow. The last book had press releases, a mention on DNDBeyond, and other notices that they were announcing a book, not just a page on Amazon. In other words, there was a lot more fanfare.

At any rate, I’m gonna say Dragonlance, because if I keep saying it, someday I’ll be right.
Yep, that is another reason I don't think it is a game book (rules, monsters, adventure, etc.)

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
So is this the pre-announcement to the pre-announcement of the impending announcement?

And could it be minis inside a hardcover book? For those super secret minis you need to hide from miniature burglars.

R_J_K75

Legend
It is not an WotC issue it is Amazon issue, I think. There is no need to pre-announce the announcement. I imagine WotC tells Amazon we are announcing a new book on 2/23/2021 - here is what it is. Amazon then chooses to make a placeholder. I would guess it is on Amazon, not WotC.
Yeah you are most likely correct.

Remove ads

Remove ads