New Domain and Spell

~Joseph~

First Post
I wrote this up for the patron god of a custom race of mine. just wondering if it's alright, and if the spell is balanced. For the spell I used a simaler spell called bears heart(DoF) I kinda beefed it up to up it from a 4th to 6th level spell and feline-ized it.

Feline Domain
Granted power: Gain the ability to cast beast claws (claws 1d6+str damage) once per day as a spell like ability. If you already have natural weapons, this grants +2 to damage.

Feline Domain spells:
1 animal friendship
2 cat’s grace
3 greater magic fang
4 forest fold
5 polymorph self (feline shape only)
6 Cat’s Heart (see below)
7 summon monster VII (feline creatures only)
8 animal shapes (feline shape only)
9 shapechange

Cat’s heart
Transmutation
Level: Drd 6, Feline 6
Range: 30ft
Target: living allies with in 30ft
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving throw: will negates
SR: no

All allies with in 30ft gain become great worriers. They each gain +2 Str, +4 Dex, and +1d6+1 temparary hit points per caster level. When the spell ends, all temporary hit points are lost and each ally suffers 1d4+1 points of subdual damage.

Ciaran

First Post
~Joseph~ said:
Cat’s heart
Transmutation
Level: Drd 6, Feline 6
Range: 30ft
Target: living allies with in 30ft
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving throw: will negates
SR: no

All allies with in 30ft gain become great worriers. They each gain +2 Str, +4 Dex, and +1d6+1 temparary hit points per caster level. When the spell ends, all temporary hit points are lost and each ally suffers 1d4+1 points of subdual damage.
The spell seems relatively balanced for its level; it provides an effect similar to Aid, Bull's Strength and Cat's Grace, all 2nd level spells, to a group, but for a very brief time and with a minor penalty. The penalty is actually so minor for a cleric of high enough level to cast it that I'm not entirely sure why it's included. It might even make a workable 5th level spell, given the short duration. You should specify that it's (harmless) in the saving throw info.

What I'm not grasping, though, is any essential "feline-ness" to the spell. Could you elaborate on why you feel this is a good choice for a cat deity, as opposed to a war deity of some sort?

- Eric

~Joseph~

First Post
Hey, where is forest fold from?

forest fold is a spell form DotF

. The penalty is actually so minor for a cleric of high enough level to cast it that I'm not entirely sure why it's included.

The reson I included it is because the spell I modeled it after had something simaler, it's was one subdual damage per level. I probly should have left it that way.

What I'm not grasping, though, is any essential "feline-ness" to the spell. Could you elaborate on why you feel this is a good choice for a cat deity, as opposed to a war deity of some sort?

The real reason I created this is because I couldn't find a good 6th or 7th level spell to put here, so I wrote it to fill my gap. If you have any suggestions on making it more feline in nature I'd be happy to listen. I just wanted to stay away from any more wild shape like spells since I already have 3 on there

Remove ads