D&D (2024) New equipment list

Gorck

Prince of Dorkness
Wooden or bone weapons for ancient world settings?

Firearms for renaissance?

Gladitorial weapons for arena combat.

I see your point, all those could be in one big list, but I feel there is some design space for mundane equipment that would be nothing but filler in a standard campaign to be presented in a specific campaign setting book.
Also, Hoopak in Dragonlance.

I don't see that is a mainstream PHB weapon, but it certainly would be setting specific.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Wooden or bone weapons for ancient world settings?

Firearms for renaissance?

Gladitorial weapons for arena combat.
I don't think that these would have any appreciable power level difference from the standard weapon list that they'd require changes to the default system, though. Bone weapons/armor might have chances to break, but as far as damage and weapon properties they and renaissance and gladitorial weapons fall within the standard design space of normal weapons.

I see your point, all those could be in one big list, but I feel there is some design space for mundane equipment that would be nothing but filler in a standard campaign to be presented in a specific campaign setting book.
Right, a big list in the PHB seems unnecessary to me. I think that things like hoopaks and Xendrik boomerangs and such are a more natural fit for setting specific guides.

Remove ads