• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Faces (Forked: Its the terminology that kills me...)

I get what you're saying, and it can be awfully hard to deal with non-elitist people when you're in the elite. If you tire of the conversation here, I welcome you to mosey over to CircvsMaximvs. We know how to properly treat the elitist gamer.
Hmm. Sounds like a trap to me... ;)

Are you saying your worth 2 regular DMs and 8 minion DMs?

I'm not sure I'd want to face a solo DM. :eek:
Are you not?

Hey I can handle a whole party at once. Doesn't that make me a solo DM?
I think so... ;)

Andor

First Post
The FLGSs are already dying or getting creative. ’Cause the challenges of being a brick-and-mortar retailer these days are big enough on matter what you’re selling.

We can buy dice online.

We can find new friends online or through age-old networking.

How many of us really have any need for any more games? At this stage, is more games what the hobby needs?

How many of us would really notice that much if the industry died? At this stage, is the industry more good for or more detrimental to the hobby?

I don’t know the answers, but I’m not sure sure they’re as clear-cut as they used to be.

I repeat. To stop growing is to start dying. The discussion is about new gamers. If the hobby stops aquireing new gamers, then the hobby is dead when the second to last person rolling dice today dies. If we keep getting new players, then we can keep gaming even as our ranks are winnowed by jobs, kids and inattentive bus drivers.

Can we get new gamers without a healthy industry? Impossible to say for certain but to quote the mighty eight-ball 'Signs point to No.'

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads