• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Feat: Weapon Mastery

Datt

First Post
Disclamer: In the game in which this feat is used The prereq for Weapon Specialization was changed from Fighter level 4 to BAB +4.

Weapon Mastery [Combat]
Prerequisites:
Weapon Specialization, Weapon Focus, Expertise, BAB +8
Benefit: The master of a weapon gains a circumstance bonus to his/her base attack bonus of +2 with the mastered weapon. The master of the weapon also gains a +2 circumstance bonus to damage with the mastered weapon. This feat may be taken in the case of spell, only rays and touch based spells are affected. Damage in the case of spells are not increased, instead the DC of the spell is increased by +2.

Kale78

First Post
Well, at first glance I would have to say it is overpowered when taken in context with the rules. Your feat accomplishes what it normally takes two Epic Level feats to accomplish (i.e. Epic Weapon Specialization, Epic Weapon Focus), and you can pick your feat up at 8th level. I too have toyed with the weapon masteries from second edition, trying to convert them... but with so many fighter feats nowadays I'm not sure it is necessary.
If you don't play an epic level campaign or plan on using epic levels rules, then maybe you can find a place for this feat, but I would definitely raise the req to at last +12 BAB, maybe even +15.

=)

Datt

First Post
Well compared to 2e it is the same as Weapon Mastery from the Combat and Tatics book. But with the 2e version you could pick it up before 8th I believe. Can't remember exactly when as I have not looked at it in a long time. But thank you for your criticism I appreciate it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads