Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Bravely Default 2

Undrave

Legend
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
Bravely Default 2
Bravely Second had the same characters as Bravely Default, from what I know, but Bravely Default 2 is more like a Final Fantasy sequel in that it's all new characters.

I wonder if they'll make a Bravely Second 2 afterward? :p

However, nothing can be worse than Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Bravely Second had the same characters as Bravely Default, from what I know, but Bravely Default 2 is more like a Final Fantasy sequel in that it's all new characters.

I wonder if they'll make a Bravely Second 2 afterward? :p

However, nothing can be worse than Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
Yeah, Bravely Second was a direct sequel. Meanwhile, BD2 is a completely different world/characters but does share pretty much the same gameplay systems, just like Final Fantasy 1 and... like Final Fantasy 4 and... okay, so BD1 and BD2 have more in common, gameplay-wise, than any two Final Fantasy games, but yeah, you get the picture.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Oh right... Kingdom Hearts is just on its own plane of existence.

Anybody who claims to understand Kingdom Hearts fully is either an eldtrich being from the 7th dimension or plain ol' lying.
Here's a transcription of me trying to explain the series to my partner:
Me: And then there's Xion, who's the 14th member of-
Her: Stop.
Me: -Organization-
Her: Just stop.

Which would make Kingdom Hearts 3 the 9th game

I think Final Fantasy deserves a mention at this point. Choose your confusion:

Final Fantasy X, followed by Final Fantasy XI, followed by Final Fantasy X-2. Bonus confusion points for combining Roman and Arabic number systems.

Final Fantasy II in the US is Final Fantasy IV in Japan. Final Fantasy III in the US is Final Fantasy VI in Japan. Except Final Fantasy III (Japan) was released in America as Final Fantasy III on the DS (in a remastered version). A remastered version of Final Fantasy IV (Japan) was also released on the DS as IV.

Remove ads