New Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This leans way too hard on Ghostbusters I for me. Demon dogs, Stay-Puft marshmallows, etc., and the hyper-reverent tone (pretty sure the original was a comedy created by a team of folks coked-up to their eyeballs) all feel like big red flags.

I know a lot of people didn't like the Paul Fieg Ghostbusters reboot, but it least it was a comedy that took an original approach to the core ideas.

MarkB

Legend
Okay, that's definitely looking promising. Feels like it's leaning a little heavily into the Stranger Things vibe of separate, parallel plot threads for the teen and adult casts, but probably too early to call that for certain.

I know a lot of people didn't like the Paul Fieg Ghostbusters reboot, but it least it was a comedy that took an original approach to the core ideas.

Original as in, so terrible it made you want to scratch out your own eyeballs. Calling it a comedy is debatable, since that would require writing jokes.

I'm relieved this is as far away removed from Fieg's abysmal attempt at a reboot. It was an abomination that does not deserve the Ghostbusters name. Plus, allow me to express by hatred for any movie stealing the exact title as an iconic movie, and wearing its skin to fool people into watching it.

This looks fun. Yes, it seems to indulge heavily in the mythology of the original film, but that is I think what most fans want to see. There is a lot about Ivo Shandor that was explored in the GB Videogame, which really felt like GB3. This movie seems to be doing more of that.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Well that's just the right amount of fanservice to make my little child-of-the-80s heart sing.

Speaking as a diehard fan who grew up with the original movies, RGB, and XGB, this looks very promising indeed.

Remove ads