D&D (2024) New leak looks real bad

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
That's really not up to WotC, though. You have to accept that if you're going to have open content, people will do stuff it you don't like. That's a drawback of open gaming. Does it outweigh the benefits?
If this was such a concern you'd think they'd have done this ages ago with The Slayers Guide to Female Gamers or the Book of Erotic Fantasy or whatever way back then.

It's just a smokescreen to cover up their real intentions.

If this was such a concern you'd think they'd have done this ages ago with The Slayers Guide to Female Gamers or the Book of Erotic Fantasy or whatever way back then.

It's just a smokescreen to cover up their real intentions.
Oh, I'm aware of that. Just demonstrating how much of a bad ask it really is.

The Costco guy kept the hotdogs a buck fifty. Even got into a fist fight over it allegedly. They can choose to not be terrible, there's just so much environmental pressure to do so.
Same with their rotisserie chicken. Costco wisely has assessed their business as a whole and figured they make enough that taking a loss here and there is fine because the good PR they're buying is worth that lost revenue. I wish more companies understood that concept.

Same with their rotisserie chicken. Costco wisely has assessed their business as a whole and figured they make enough that taking a loss here and there is fine because the good PR they're buying is worth that lost revenue. I wish more companies understood that concept.
It's basically a marketing expense at this point. Good PR has monetary value. I wish more companies understood that, but then, what else can yu expect from a system that thinks of worker salaries as a cost rather than an investment?

FormerLurker

Adventurer
They launched Classic several years ago without raising the price and have introduced optional cosmetic items in a game store to increase revenue streams instead of raising the price point, which they seem to view as important to keep at $15/month. They've also offered incentives to pay for six months or 12 months at a go, rather than raising prices.

So yeah, I would say they would.

Blizzard has well-documented problems, but right now, it seems to be pretty clearly better-run than Hasbro/WotC.
In fairness, WoW is also one of the only MMORPGs that isn't F2P. So, really, them just asking for $15 a month is a lot more than most competitors.

Haplo781

Legend
It's a licensed work thus associated and technically approved by WotC.
What happened to the "brand" argument?
moving-goalpost.gif

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I mean, Myfarog was published in 2015, and somehow never became the 'Next Big Thing'. These chuckleheads, who Facebook recently served me an ad for, have been banned from every crowdsourcing platform that exists. I would describe both of these as 'the Commons working as intended'.
Good enough for the commons isn't necessarily good brand management.

Maybe you don't understand what entitlement means. iPhones (or whatever, it's just an example) cost what they cost because that's the price the seller set and the market will bear it. Do you think that they should be forced to reduce the cost so you can buy that specific product? If so, that's entitlement. "Priviledged" would be me saying "I can afford an iphone, why can't everyone?" which is NOT what I am saying.
I stand corrected!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases