• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New look.

doghead

thotd
Michael Morris said:
The icons list will be resorted soon, sometime, maybe... ;)

Ah. I meant that now they are good. Before they were all lined up like preschoolers - big spaces and random gaps. Now they all lined up like soldiers - very neat and tidy.

The larger post text is good. Much easier to read.

The extra chunky username text is a bit ... er, chunky.

Don't much care for smileys, whatever the colour. Anyone know of a smiley "shoot'em up" application - like that cockroach thing, click on em and "spat!"

All in all there seems to be less on the pages, which is more (good).

the head of the dog.

Abraxas

Explorer
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hmmm - interesting look.[/font]
Just some comments

Still getting the "[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]EN World is closed for software upgrades until Sunday evening. [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The chat room is still open." page when I follow my link in that I've always used.[/font]

The default font is still very small unless I change my browser setting to ignore the font size specified by the page.

The grey text on dark grey background in the lighter grey box in the reply screen is . . . odd. The lighter grey box contrast is just a bit too stark.

glass

(he, him)
It looks pretty good, and seems quicker (with a just a few minutes exploration).

Just one problem: where has the edit button disappeared to?

In case it makes any difference, I am using Safari 1.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.8.

glass.

EDIT: Don't worry, I've found it.

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
glass said:
It looks pretty good, and seems quicker (with a just a few minutes exploration).

Just one problem: where has the edit button disappeared to?

In case it makes any difference, I am using Safari 1.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.2.8.

glass.

EDIT: Don't worry, I've found it.

Wanna help a Mac brutha out then? I can't seem to find it. :D

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Some of the things I like...

Not having a "new thread" icon when reading a thread. The number of times I've accidentally hit "new thread" when I wanted "reply to thread" is rather frightening. This handles the problem nicely.

Not having an "edit" button unless I can legitimately edit a post. Again, there are lots of time I've accidentally clicked "edit" when I meant "reply".

Not having a line of icons underneath each thread reply. The new look is much cleaner and nicer to read.

Some of the things I'm not so keen on (and I guess that these could still just be awaiting tweaking of CSS) ...

Bold unread messages in forums. I feel that I'm being shouted at a little. I preferred the previous, subtle way in which you were informed about whether or not you've read a thread.

So, more good than bad so far!

Cheers

Mirth

Explorer
Plane Sailing said:
Not having an "edit" button unless I can legitimately edit a post. Again, there are lots of time I've accidentally clicked "edit" when I meant "reply".

NOW it makes sense. Thanks PS for inadvertantly answering my question :D

Remove ads