New magic item activation method

whatisitgoodfor

First Post
Well, unless you increase the cost of the magic item, then you will start running into some balance issues.

Also, remeber that it is possible to simply have magic items that use the quickened version of the spell.
----------

On a side note, could you please start using the naming convention that most of us on the boards use concerning AoO's?

Specifically, most of us say provoke an attack of oppertunity, not invoke. Invoking implies that you are somehow bringing forth the action yourself, not simply allow the other character the option to do so.

kreynolds

First Post
whatisitgoodfor said:
Also, remeber that it is possible to simply have magic items that use the quickened version of the spell.

oooook. picky much. :) Just pokin'. But you think "I" should increase the cost? I've created magic items that are quickened, as practice, and the cost doesn't come anywhere near the value of a magic item that can fire a lightning bolt as a free action.

I don't even want to begin thinking of the consequences and play balance issues of combative magic items that are activated as free actions. Very, very dangerous.

Last edited:

Remove ads