• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New materials available

Bran Mak Morn

First Post
Go back to your playtest packet email and log back in to the download site, you can download a new version of the packet with a new file and an updated file. The new file is a new playtest adventure, Reclaiming Blingdenstone. The updated file is the Classes document which adds the rules for the Sorcerer and the Warlock.

FireLance

Legend
Interesting!

The sorcerer is a point-based spellcaster that gains constant benefits after he has expended a certain number of spell points ("willpower"). The more willpower he has expended, the more benefits he gets. Hence, his at-will baseline effectiveness increases as he expends his daily spike capability. Sorcerer spells appear to be a subset of the wizard spell list.

The warlock is effectively an encounter-based spellcaster, using "favors" from his patron to power pact boons and lesser invocations (he can use minor invocations at will, without expending favors) which can be regained after a short rest or a long rest. He also gains access to certain spells, but he can only cast them as rituals unless he gains spellcasting ability from another source.

Thumbs up from me. :)

godfear

Explorer
Dragon Breath?

I see the details of the Dragon Breath sorcerous power, but not the level at which it becomes available (or any associated willpower expenditures). Am I just blind or is this information missing? : )

Bran Mak Morn

First Post
So far I really like the two new classes, someone stressed out the need of tuning the damages down but I guess only by actually playtesting the rules we Will have a clearer picture. I am depressed a bit by how much we need to wait for the final rules but I accept it takes a lot for diamonds to take shape B-)

Underman

First Post
The fluff for the warlock class (especially invocations) is AMAZING!

Very compelling, stirs the imagination, and very importantly to me, synergizes well with the mechanics

Last edited:

Remove ads