*New* Mehket's Magnificent Seven

dzorsch

First Post
I think that for the benefit of the onlookers, I'll list what we all are.

Piotr the White, who we call Peter is a central NPC in the story. The story has spanned 15 years, and we first had Peter in the story when he was a little boy. Now, he's a Monk/Paladin of Heironeous. His mount, which you might have gathered by now is a gold wyrmling called Mekhet.

Acolyte LianYan WuHai, who's played by xenoflare, is his latest character. He has his characters die in the most unfortunate ways, but xenoflare has this penchant for keeping the rest of us alive. Lian is a Monk 2/Psion 11/Sword of Righteousness 2, who's managed to make all our jaws drop more than once. He's from a chinese/tibetian inspired mythos, which i think xenoflare will be capable of elaborating on much better than i can.

Archon Maximillian Gray is a Paladin/Anointed Knight of Tyr, the last time I checked. As he says, he's the Inspector Clouseau of the party, and perhaps the most lawful amongst the few of us. He's played by Gray, of course.

(Some call me) Swordsman Jack, who's played by Edmund, somebody who doesn't seem to have an account, or if he does, doesn't seem to be posting. Swordsman Jack is a character from the chapter before this, which Edmund decided to play after his last character died, somebody from the chapter before that. Jack is an Aasimar Paladin of Pelor.

Putra Suryavarman, is my own character, a Shaman 5/Sohei 5/Templar 4. He's from Mahani, which is basically derived from India, castes and whatnot, and his religion follows Hinduism closely. He's the LN contemporary to the 3 LG PCs above.

King Canter Farstrider is a Cleric 10/Comtemplative 6 of Fharlanghn. He's played by neveryours, somebody with the uncanny ability of not dying irregardless of which game he's in. Canter is the only person amongst us who is neither Lawful or Good. It's just as well, since neveryours has his CN urges he can fulfil in game. Canter is also King of Inglessia, which is an undead ridden kingdom. (where we shamelessly satisfy our Castlevania urges) Canter believes he can convert the undead to the teachings of Fharlanghn, and they'll travel for all eternity.

These are our PCs as of current. A topic open to debate is who the Magnificent Seven are. In between, there have been character deaths, and it's difficult to say who the Seven refer to. Though some say that Peter's mount is part of the Seven, I disagree. You can have it as Mekhet's Magnificent Six, or just Magnificent Seven, but you can't be part of a group that's named after one of it's members. Some contenders are in the running, but some of them aren't exactly magnificent, while one of the contenders is a sword.

My ideal Magnificent Seven, however, comprises of our Mounts, Animal Companions, Psicrystals and assorted familiars.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
dzorsch said:
Acolyte Lian Yan Wu Huan, who's played by xenoflare, is his latest character. He has his characters die in the most unfortunate ways, but xenoflare has this penchant for keeping the rest of us alive. Lian is a Monk 2/Psion 11/Sword of Righteousness 2, who's managed to make all our jaws drop more than once. He's from a chinese/tibetian inspired mythos, which i think xenoflare will be capable of elaborating on much better than i can.

Wait- did I miss something, or didn't he kick the bucket in the first post vs. various abyssal fish?

xenoflare

First Post
haha

Thomas Hobbes said:
Wait- did I miss something, or didn't he kick the bucket in the first post vs. various abyssal fish?

well.. haha abyssal fish sounds so ... erm... well... it reminds me of what i had for lunch yesterday at the sushi bar. the fishy line-up consisted of a frigging Blackstone Gigant, and a Fiend Folio Tanar'ri - one of those big 'uns, which summoned a Huge Fiendish Dire Shark.

as pointed out, a 2 mile manmade lake cannot hold 100 tons worth of monster. the math just doesn't add up. :p

i got petrified by the Blackstone Gigant's petrification slam attack (Fort save DC 26, pfah), and i would have languished at the bottom of the lake if not for one of those instances of "divine intervention". :)

so, hence, the scene where Lian was talking to the Bodhisattva.. but i'm getting ahead of myself. brujahbunny will probably be posting the new segments with my return soon.

yours,
shao

neveryours

First Post
Bollywood

We need a courtship scene to be set in some Oasis.
Convenient palms trees to play the hide-and-seek games where we can steal furtive glances at each other.
Perform ranks to sing those oh-so-cute songs.
A gentle grassy slope that we can roll down on. Stylishly, of course.
And then the whole cast coming out when one finally catches the other and then we can do the choreographed group dance sequence.

I nominate Putra and Ravi for the role of the protagonists!

Gray will play the strict unbending father.

Canter the doting mother.

And Swordsman Jack as the scumbag who steals the girl.

Action! :D

rootbeergnome

First Post
B.attle-scarred U.nderwater M.onk P.etrified!!!!

Seriously though, an amazing storyhour already, I am excited to read more. Keep it coming, I LOOOOVE the flavor, amazing. Also, I may be the only one who doesn't know, but could someone please explain "Bollywood" to me? Thanks in advance ;)

Great Storyhour!
-RBG

dzorsch

First Post
Bollywood is essentially India's Hollywood.
Hindi movies are generated by the hundreds, and mostly starr A-list Indian actors.

The basic premise of a Bollywood movie is almost always about estranged lovers, who try to get together but can't because:

-father of the girl was enemies with father of the guy
-father of the higher caste girl disapproves of the lower caste guy
-father of the girl has already planned a marriage for the girl, with a scumbag, most of the time

you get the idea. there's always prerequisite song and dance scenes where a lot of passersby join in to dance in the streets, and they'll change their costumes mid-dance. it's a very melodramatic style of filmmaking, i suppose.

but the girls are HOT!

Remove ads