• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New OOTS - 422

Pbartender

First Post
krunchyfrogg said:
Why the spoiler text?

Marty Feldman said:
"I thought you wanted to."

Oh, and just so we can avoid repeating ourselves more than we already have:

Brains - 8
Stains - 3
Canes - 2
Explains - 2
Fanes - 2
Grains - 2
Mains - 2
Plains - 2

Trains
Drains
Pains
Planes
Chilblains
Frames
Cranes
Tim Raines
Billy Zanes
Lanes
Banes
Hanes
Danes
Mercedes-Benz
Chains
Veins
Wanes
McBains
Campaigns
Champaigns
Manes
Thanes
Claire Danes
Claude Rains
Natalie Maines
Old Aches and Pains
Great Danes
Refrains
Agains
Same
Inane
Igraine's
Charlemagnes
Steins
Wains
Jayne
Quatrains

Merkuri

Explorer
krunchyfrogg said:
Why the spoiler text? Don't most people read the strip before the thread about the strip (or am I alone here)?

Some people don't want to hear theories other people have on where the strip is going next. At least that's why I use spolier blocks. Some folks like to be completely surprised.

jim pinto

First Post
?

is there something wrong with me when i want to see the bad guys win this one?

their plan is just smarter than roy's. they deserve cookies or something.

you know?

- jim

Celebrim

Legend
jim pinto said:
is there something wrong with me when i want to see the bad guys win this one?

No, you are just responding to some very powerful story conventions that are deeply rooted in the human psychology. At this stage in the story, we don't really want the good guys to win because that means that the bad guys weren't really worthy foes, and that detracts from the ultimate victory of the heroes. It isn't nearly as satisfying to vanquish weak villains. So well written stories of this nature always involve a middle section where the outcome seems in doubt and the villain seems to be winning. Our fine poet understands this well and so is crafting his story accordingly. I've no doubt in my mind that Xykon will at least achieve a draw in every round but the final one.

Remove ads