New OSR/Basic Fantasy Blog!

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
I like your use of "new-school" visual aids along with old-school simple rules! I also like your ambition to become a chaplain - do you know Geek Preacher who I always look forward to talking with at Gary Con?

grodog

Hero
I like your use of "new-school" visual aids along with old-school simple rules! I also like your ambition to become a chaplain - do you know Geek Preacher who I always look forward to talking with at Gary Con?

re: chaplain: Fr. Brian goes by Greywolf on Dragonsfoot, and often attends GaryCon, KantCon, and NTX RPG Cons, in case you're also looking for another ecclesiastical ear to bend on the subject.

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Thanks for the tip Allan, introduce me if you see us both in the same room at NTRPG!

wynteriii, I self-published back in '04 with Behemoth3 which gave me some writing chops and credibility, and then was recruiting for a campaign and one of the players who responded was an existing freelancer, Eytan Bernstein. He got a number of that group into his 4E freelancer playtesting group so we had some early expertise with the system. Goodman Games wanted Eytan to use that to write some books for them; he had too much on his plate, so he got Greg Tito and Brian Cortijo and I to co-author the Forgotten Heroes books. Then Wizards had a job vacancy for a designer - I applied and (probably on the strength of those prior publications) got to the stage of doing the written design test. They didn't choose me for the job, but because I had a bunch of experience thinking about 4e power design issues they offered me a chunk of Martial Power II. I did that and the Player's Strategy Guide and Mordenkainen's Magical Emporium and a couple of Dragon articles before deciding I wanted to get back into self-publishing with Autarch.

Remove ads