New OSRIC/AD&D 1e Modules & Supplements

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
I'd like to hear opinions and reviews of the new OSRIC/AD&D 1e compatible modules and supplements that are being put out.

I don't know if this list is exhaustive, but it seems to contain all the new products that I've read about:

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fKeywords=OSRIC

I checked the OSRIC homepage, but it seems to be out of date, listing Monsters of Myth as "upcoming." Knights & Knaves is a little confusing to navigate. So I'm depending on EnWorlders to enlighten me a bit.

w_earle_wheeler said:
I'd like to hear opinions and reviews of the new OSRIC/AD&D 1e compatible modules and supplements that are being put out.

I don't know if this list is exhaustive, but it seems to contain all the new products that I've read about:

http://www.lulu.com/browse/search.php?fKeywords=OSRIC

I checked the OSRIC homepage, but it seems to be out of date, listing Monsters of Myth as "upcoming." Knights & Knaves is a little confusing to navigate. So I'm depending on EnWorlders to enlighten me a bit.

Well, we (Expeditious Retreat Press) have put out three Advanced Adventures for OSRIC. The first one The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom actually got mentioned in Dragon issue 356. :) They're all in distribution (the third one's a bit late on the printing, but will be released within a month) meaning that you can go to your FLGS and get them to order you a copy if you'd rather not order on-line.

FYI, Pod-Caverns is written by the initial developer and editor of the OSRIC core books. :cool:

joe b.

Particle_Man said:
Oh yeah, isn't the new version of Osric (with 50% more goodies) coming out soon?

Hopefully, yes!

It would've been out by now, only I experienced a fried motherboard which cost me several days' work (because I don't back up my files often enough), which in turn caused an attack of discouragement and apathy and I didn't do any work on it for two weeks. :confused:

ghul

Explorer
PapersAndPaychecks said:
Hopefully, yes!

It would've been out by now, only I experienced a fried motherboard which cost me several days' work (because I don't back up my files often enough), which in turn caused an attack of discouragement and apathy and I didn't do any work on it for two weeks. :confused:

PnP -- Your old pal Ghul here. About a year and a half ago, I lost 50 pages of a novel I'd been writing (finished it last year!), as well as hundreds of little edits and revisions throughout some 80,000 words of text. I know exactly how you feel. But eventually, I had to open up the old tool box and get back to work. In the end, I felt as though the re-written material was stronger than the lost material, the story having taken a few twists and turns that it hadn't before.

--Jeff T.

Vigilance

Explorer
w_earle_wheeler said:
Thanks for all the information so far.

I have one more question -- this stuff being made with OSRIC, is it all open source?

Im sure there's some closed content in each product, but the vast majority of the mechanics should be open, since OSRIC itself is a product of the SRD.

Remove ads