New "Personal Statistics" Section on UCP

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
On the User Control Panel (enworld.org/forum/usercp.php) there is this new box with "My Personal Statistics": It has XP, recent posts (though they aren't actually recent), albums and so on. While I hope they can be turned off in the future, I think there are a few bugs with them now/possible improvements:
- One thing I would recommend is putting them below the "New Subscribed Threads" box. I (and some others I know) go to the UCP to see what new threads we have subscribed to have been updated. The "Statistics" box means we cannot do this at a glance.
- Which leads to the bug: On the top is a little small box that minimizes the "Statistics" box. Elsewhere on the board, when I click such a box, it remains sticky: I.e., if I close it, it stays closed the next time a visit it. This is not happening with the "Statistics" box right now—I close it, but it is reopened when I revisit the site.

Could this new box be moved and/or have its open/closed state remembered?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There are a variety of different positions for it, but it's set globally in the AdminCP. I'd be interested in hearing where most folks would prefer it, as it's easy to change.

recent posts (though they aren't actually recent)

Are they not? Mine appear to be. Could you double check and make sure - then I can go bug hunting!

Could this new box be moved and/or have its open/closed state remembered?

Ah, that's definitely a bug. I'll take a look!

Merkuri

Explorer
I would also prefer for subscribed threads to be at the top. I know what threads I've posted in, but I don't know what subscribed threads have been updated.

I think most people who go to that page will either not care what the order is (they're looking for something on a sub-page) or they're looking for their subscribed threads.

Seonaid

Explorer
On second thought, I don't actually care what my personal statistics are and as such I'd definitely prefer it to be gone entirely. However, I can see how others might want it, so I'd suggest putting it all the way at the bottom of the account page as a compromise. :)

Nifft

Penguin Herder
When I click on "New Reputation Comments" from the Private Messages menu, I'm taken to the "Posts" section of the UserCP.

I can see some information about forms that I should not have access to, like the Reported Posts forum, on my Posts & Threads tabs.

The word "ReNew" sounds like it has something to do with subscriptions. Maybe the tried & true "Refresh" would work better here.

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads