D&D General New player help needed

Red1982

Villager
Hi folks, I'm looking for a bit of help. My wife used to play D&D years ago and I thought I'd buy her some to get back into it so we can host nights with our friends. I went out and bought a D&D starter set (lost mine of phandelver) but it's not quite what I expected - no figures, no boards etc, just booklets and dice. I'd like to be able to have a table with boards, figures, cards etc set up, can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to buy? Many thanks in advance

Longspeak

Adventurer
You can find accessories on DMsGuild to get maps and paper figures for this box set. These figures are paper here an an example. You can also buy a blank map that uses dry or wet markers for encounters like this.

View attachment 150515

You can always start with some basic things like using M&Ms to represent monsters and even print 1" graph paper for free for the first few encounters to see how you like playing before you start buying more figures and tiles.
Wow. That reminds me of my old rolling mat and collection of markers. It's been so long...

Remove ads