Undrave

Legend
So basically, I was n a thread that people were constantly responding to. I started seeing their posts, let';s say I was on page 4, listed at the bottom and saying "posted 3 minutes ago" etc.

When I got past those (still on page 4 mind you) and was at the very bottom, I saw there were 10 pages to the remainder of the conversation.

Hit the button for page 5, and saw posts from yesterday.

So current, recent posts are adding themselves to whatever page you are on, instead of at the end.

Makes for a confusing convo.

(I am on Chrome).

Yes, it is quite confusing. A weird design choice if you ask me.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
It’s actually very annoying. I’ll be reading a post and suddenly it gets bumped by new posts coming in below it, and I have to scroll back up to find my place. This is in addition to the fact that it temporarily puts the thread out of sequence, which is also not desirable.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That "new messages have been posted" notice no longer appears for me, though it did as of a few days ago. Now the new posts just automagically appear on whatever page of the thread I'm reading, just as SkidAce describes.

That really is weird, because I see the notices still today. I am on Firefox while browsing from work.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Weird. For me, it does not auto-update and show things on the page I am viewing. It pops up a message telling me that there are new posts, and asks if I'd like to see them. If I click, I am taken to the end of the thread.

I used to get the "new messages have been posted" on Chrome but now I don't and I have the same experience.

I'm on page 4 of 5, posts being added to the bottom are showing up on page 4 as they're added, and then when I go to page 5 I see them again.

Remove ads