New Tables and Generators

Bagpuss

Legend
I've created a number of Tables and generators recently (41 so far as of this post).

I'm currently working on some common descriptive tables for people, so things like facial shape, hair colour, facial features and the like. Along with some name tables, so far French, Spanish and Japanese male/female. I've also created a Tarot Deck and normal deck of cards to draw from.

If anyone can use them or has suggestions for alterations or additional lines please let me know.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That forum's going away, so I'll move your thread to Tabletop so it doesn't get deleted.

Anyhow, on the subject matter - I find the biggest improvement to a descriptive/narrative output is to vary the format of it. So where you've got:

[NAME] is an [AGE] man, he is a bit [WEIGHT] and has a [SHAPE] face.

So they all look the same. My suggestion would be a table with various different description formats.

Bagpuss

Legend
Agreed, that why that generator is still in testing. It might be better handled by a table. Still the tricky bit is getting wording that works in multiple different formats. You can't break them down to be too simple as then you have problems with "an" and "a" when you have a word that has a vowel at the start, but if you make them too complex then they don't fit as many situations.

Remove ads