• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New this fall

KaosDevice

Explorer
You know what would be great? If there was a show that featured aliens up to something and the ocean. Wouldn't that be awesome?

(I'm with the My Name is Earl folks...gonna be hay-larious.)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
I practically don't watch any shows at all, but I'm going to be giving Threshold, Supernatural, Surface, Night Stalker and Invasion a shot this fall. I expect by mid-October, I'll only be watching one of those, sadly. That actually wouldn't be such a bad thing; watching five shows regularly would be a bit much, and I do know that either a) I won't end up liking some of those, or b) they'll be cancelled anyway. I'm hoping that at least one of those five turns out to be something I can enjoy watching for a few years.

I'll also probably be watching Commander-in-Chief, although it's not genre. My wife is really interested in it, and I told her I'd watch it with her. Assuming it doesn't conflict with any of those other shows, of course!

I would be tempted to do as I usually do and ignore TV entirely, and just watch the shows later on DVD, but I got a bit burned by Miracles, which was on ABC what: three years ago? It got surreptitiously cancelled after the network practicaly sabotaged any chance of success, but I loved it. It wasn't released on DVD for a long time; only just now finally coming out.

I can't get past the advertising for Commander-in-Chief. They act like they are cutting edge for even suggesting that a WOMAN could be president. Not to bring politics into this at all, but is that really far fetched? Maybe the show will be more fleshed out than the premise. In fact, I wonder if the creators meant for it to be sold as the WOMAN PRESIDENT show, of if the network is just advertising it that way.

Belen

Adventurer
Aeolius said:
"Surface" still sounded better, when it was known as "Fathom". Oh well.

The pilot was filmed in CA, while the show is apparently being filmed in Wilmington, NC. I know NC waters. If something was coming up from the depths, you'd never see it ;)

More info on that series HERE . There is one scene where 2 boys bring an "egg" home and put in in an aquarium. I had to chuckle, because I did the same thing, on our last beach trip. Alas, the skate egg had already hatched.

So how come you do not attend the game days?

LightPhoenix

First Post
Everything I've read says that Prison Break is by far and away the best of the new shows. So I'll probably try and catch that when I can. Otherwise, I won't be tuning in to much besides Lost.

warlord

First Post
My only problem with Veronica Mars is that Alyson Hannigan isn't joining the regular cast. I was hoping she would but she has that stupid How I Met Your Mother show.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Ranger REG said:
Veronica Mars is a hell of a drug. :cool:
Yeah, it sure is. My wife found the torrents for the season after all the shows had aired after hearing so much buzz from her LiveJournal group of friends. I watched them with her and I was sucked in. I'm addicted.

... But is it genre? I mean, she saw visions, but that's like saying Ally McBeal would be genre... isn't it? :heh:

Templetroll

Explorer
Eric Anondson said:
Yeah, it sure is. My wife found the torrents for the season after all the shows had aired after hearing so much buzz from her LiveJournal group of friends. I watched them with her and I was sucked in. I'm addicted.

... But is it genre? I mean, she saw visions, but that's like saying Ally McBeal would be genre... isn't it? :heh:

It's a variant definition of 'genre' - it's the "lots of people on this board liked it so it's genre" genre. ;)

Remove ads