New WotC stat block format!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
BOZ said:
actually i haven't gotten a response back to anything i've sent in since february (including the mind flayer monsters submission, and a couple of queries). i suspect i'm not alone in this.

You're not. Between Dragon and Dungeon I've sent off almost half-a-dozen queries for articles in the last few months, and gotten no response to any of them.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
that doesn't surprise me - i'm sure shade is in the same boat since he hasn't mentioned getting any responses either.

Shade

Monster Junkie
I sure am. I've sent several follow-ups, and they've let me know that they are still reviewing them. I think they are just really backlogged, and will get to them when they get a chance.

As for the statblocks, I'm not sure if I like them, but I'm not too worried, since I never use them. I always stat out my NPCs using the normal monster stat blocks. The only time I'd ever use the condensed blocks would be if I officially submitted an adventure. :)

Knight Otu

First Post
BOZ said:
same here. no way am i going back and re-editing all the CC monsters. ;)
I don't think you'll need to fear about that. Apparently, the new stat blocks are for in-adventure use only.

BOZ said:
actually i haven't gotten a response back to anything i've sent in since february (including the mind flayer monsters submission, and a couple of queries). i suspect i'm not alone in this.
And recently, I had begun considering submitting something... ing...ing...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i'd send it - just don't hold your breath waiting to hear back about it. :)

there is probably some logical reason for things being so backed up...

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'd like to point out the confusion that I know I suffered from, and that others seem to be suffering as well. This isn't a replacement for Monster Manual style writeups. It's the alternate of the paragraph form of stat blocks. As the latter, I like it. If it was the former, I'd be irritated.

Demiurge out.

Keith Robinson

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
I'd like to point out the confusion that I know I suffered from, and that others seem to be suffering as well. This isn't a replacement for Monster Manual style writeups. It's the alternate of the paragraph form of stat blocks. As the latter, I like it. If it was the former, I'd be irritated.

Demiurge out.

Ah, yes, I was under that misapprehension. I can't say I'm too bothered about changes to paragraphed stat blocks!

Thanks for pointing that out.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Alzrius said:
Between Dragon and Dungeon I've sent off almost half-a-dozen queries for articles in the last few months, and gotten no response to any of them.

Well, it seems someone must be monitoring this board. I got my responses yesterday; all rejections of course. :(

Ah well, grist for the mill for next time! :]

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
shade also got responses to his, obviously. ;)

still haven't heard anything about mine though...

Remove ads