Newcastle: monthly "Sword & Planet" sci-fi game

Agemegos

Explorer
G'day

I'm starting up a new campaign which I am going to run at a mate's house in Jesmond, one Friday night per month. Besides myself with have three players signed up, but I'd be happier with four or five character-players.

The campaign will involve (as PCs) war-weary Australian soldiers mysteriously transported from the battlefields of World War One to a realm of romantic adventure, somewhat in the spirit of, but not directly copying, E.R. Burroughs' John Carter of Mars and Master Mind of Mars: pre-Golden Age pulp sci-fi adventure; sword and planet stuff with Clarkean magic, somewhat updated (more biotech than radium pistols and levitating rays).

I run a moderately rules-light collaborative style that emphasises pace and extemporisation, and that rewards imagination and quick thinking. I like to give the character players far more freedom of action than is usual (ie. I run sandbox style, not railroad style), but with power comes responsibility: I count on character-players to do their bit to keep the pace fast and the action in-genre.

Would you like to play? Do you know someone who would like to play? If so, get in touch.

Remove ads