• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NHL: Free Agency, Trade, Injury, and Rookie News!

devilbat

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
I know nothing about the three players the Bruins got I can't really say what I think about the trade itself

Well the following is my opinion on the three players.

Brad Stuart: The biggest name of the three. A very good stay at home defenseman, he'll provide strong play from the point, but he's not going to remind anyone of Ray Bourque, but he will compliment David Tanabe, another fast defenseman the Bruins recently acquired..

Marco Sturm: One of the fastest skaters in the league, but he's not real tough. He's a solid second line winger. I'm not a big fan of players who dissapear in the playoffs.

Wayne Primeau: A solid fourth line centre. Pittsburgh, Tampa and Buffalo have previously given up on this guy.

Sturm had two points, inbcluding a goal in his first game as a Bruin last night. Enjoy it B's fans. It's going to be a rough ride.

Agamon

Adventurer
I was surprised when Thornton wasn't traded during the off-season, so I can't say I was surprised he's gone, the way the Bruins are playing. I am surprised at what they got in return. Quantity does not equal quality. Thornton is a big, tough, scoring leader-type. Getting 3 guys that are a tough buy, a scoring guy, and a (potential) leader is not good deal. Sharks got a steal. Too bad he didn't go to either C-bus to play with Nash (if he ever comes back from injury) or Calgary, to play with Iggy :eek: With what Boston was asking, anyone could have met the price.

I'm a Habs fan, and I'm torn. The Bruins are a lesser team, that makes me happy. But I have a feeling this means no spanking in the playoffs this year. :(

(Btw, as I write this, the Sharks are beating the Sabres 4-0 in the 1st...)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads