Nipnottle's Grand Adventure [3.5e, White Plume Mountain, Faerun]

Pacio49

First Post
Greetings and Salutations. I am Nipnottle Windwhittle Sawsprocket, a gnome paladin of Bahamut. Quite the combination, I know, but you see, my father is the gold dragon Palkorthrandyss, and I have the indubitable honor of carrying on his bloodline. You could say that I was born with the mark of my father's bloodline upon me, for I've always been a slightly more tawny shade than my fellow gnomlings. By adolescence I had developed quite the prominent brow-ridge, vertical slit pupils, and the beginnings of soft scales around my forehead, the backs of my hands, and in an ever-widening V from my shoulders to the small of my back. Thankfully, no tail. (Yet. I'm not sure how my father's heritage will manifest itself when I'm fully developed.) Somehow, instead of subtracting from my appearance, the bloodline has made me quite exotic looking, and I tend to stand out from the other Lantan gnomes.

I became a paladin because blood will out, as they say, and when your mother is a cleric and your (albeit absent) father is a gold dragon, you tend not to fall too far from the family tree. At first, I knew only the drive to serve the code of honor and goodness, but in time I came to know the wonders of the Platinum Dragon-God, Bahamut, bless his name eternally. In fact, I have been blessed to bask in his very presence, when he sent me to do his bidding in the destruction of an evil necromancer who had taken over one of the few temples of Bahamut that exist north of Silverymoon. The Necromancer was trying to create a Dracolich, but thankfully we were able to stop him before the ritual was complete and restore and re-dedicate the temple to Bahamut's glory, bless his holy name.

But all of that is in the past. I find myself taking quill to parchment once more because in many ways I am certain that my feet are once again upon the path of great adventures and valiant deeds. Although I have advanced well within the ranks of the paladinhood (having trained seven times thus far) (*and with two Major Bloodline: Gold Dragon levels making an ECL of 9*), I feel that my hand is guided once again by Bahamut the Blessed One, and I wish to record this so that others may read of our adventures, perchance, and be inspired to do great deeds for the honor and good of the world on their own. Unworthy though I may be to tell this tale, I feel compelled to record the events of this most unusual party I have had the luck to fall in with.

Perhaps I had better back up slightly to tell the tale...

Pacio49

First Post
A beginning of sorts.

Prior to my adventures against the Necromancer, I had a most surprising visitor come to find me in my home in Lantan. Imagine my surprise to meet my half-sister, Hiryuki-san, a samurai of the Dragon Clan from Kara-Tur, far to the East. She had been sent by our father, whom she called Pakkutandu-hiryu. It seems that our father has been quite prolific over these last 100 years, moving from land to land and people to people, choosing suitable candidates who met with his exacting standards of moral and honorable conduct to bear offspring with. According to Hiryuki-san, Palkorthrandyss did so in order to prepare the races to face some trial he had foreseen in the future, and to provide a subtle force by which goodness and lawful behavior could be brought to the world.

Apparently, there are enough half-siblings through our father over the past hundred years that we could populate our own clan, should we ever be gathered together. Most of them, however, have not borne out the distinctive marks of the draconic blood that flows through our veins. Only a few of us have manifested any sort of visible or tangible powers and abilities. Hiryuki-san is a half-dragon herself, and we share a worldview as well as a common parent.

In any event, Hiryuki has been tasked with finding as many of Pakkutandu-hiryu's descendants as possible and devising some way that we can act in concert to bring about the greatest good, all the while preparing the future generations for those who display noticeable bloodline or draconic traits so that they will not be ostracized, but instead welcomed and nurtured, groomed to perform their future tasks. It is a large undertaking, and one I have gladly lent my assistance to.

So, Hiryuki-san and I have been adventuring together, and it was while on the road with her to that I had my revelation from Bahamut, and was Called to Serve as his paladin. He set the quest of defeating the Necromancer before me, and Hiryuki-san and I gathered a party together and set out. Once successful, many of our party remained behind with the intent of cleansing the temple and setting up permanent residence there in the wilds, being recent converts to the worship of Bahamut themselves. We, however, had other plans.

And so, we ended up making our way to the road which connected Silverymoon and Waterdeep. While we were trying to decide whether or not there would be more of our relatives accessible in the city of the Elves or the City of Splendors, we chanced upon a cave from which was coming an eldritch green glow.

Normally I am not as rash, impetuous, nor as inquisitive as the others of my kind, but some strange urge gripped me and, despite the attempts of my faithful paladin's mount, Sparky (an Old Gnomish Sheepdog, as I am an accomplished canine rider and prefer the loyalty of the canines to the whimsies of the equines) and Hiryuki's attempt to intervene, I found myself drawn to actually touch the glowing green crystal which was shedding the light in the cave.

It was, I confess, a moment of weakness, but with a most serendipitous result. There was a flash of light, and from what my current adventuring party tells me, we were all frozen into some kind of sleep state in the cave by the magic of the gem. Luckily, my current party happened along and, seeing our forms frozen in time at the moment I touched the crystal, they shattered the foul thing and freed us from our unwitting imprisonment. Of course, for us but a moment and a flash had passed, but we had lost more than two weeks of time in the outside world, awaking on the 23rd day of Tarsek.

I scanned the newcomers quickly and determined that they were at the very least not tainted with the touch of evil upon their souls, and so we agreed to share a camp that night. They had one woman of normal size, but the rest were human-sized. Not that I am influenced by size bias like some of my race, I find nothing wrong whatsoever with the taller folk, but I must admit it was nice seeing one that I could look in the eye.

Ah, my friends return from their trip about town in Waterdeep this afternoon. I must beg away while I consult with them as to our plans, but I shall return anon to this fair accounting of our adventures.

Felikeries

First Post
If perhaps you changed the font and made a greater margin,therefore less words
each leinholder,then i believe this might be very entertaining

If you think about it most novels FR,D&D etc use 7 to 10 word at most

really should try a repost with exchange,should make it unique

Remove ads