No Ghost in the Shell rpg?

So cowboy bebop is getting a rpg, and I'm fine with that, it's a good setting.

But come on guys, GitS isn't getting one? It's way deeper and more detailed than CB, and offers a lot of potential rpg goodness.

If anyone here's familiar with GitS, as in the manga, animes, etc I think youll agree it's got a lot of room for all sorts of rpg fun, with all kinds of campaigns as viable options. You could play sec. 9 agents as default but could be a lot of other types of operatives. Even criminals if you want.

I know there's a cyberpunk game, but maybe I like playing someone who isn't a streetpunk criminal or a corporate thug. Somoene more like a government agent can be a good character too.

Also a GitS rpg could lead into Masamune Shirow's other oous, Appleseed, which defijiteky should have a rpg too.

Does cyberpunk have complete cyborgs like tge major, bateau, etc? I don't do tbqt setting a lot as it's too depressing. But GitS offers some positives so I like it.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Does cyberpunk have complete cyborgs like tge major, bateau, etc? I don't do tbqt setting a lot as it's too depressing. But GitS offers some positives so I like it.
Like a big part of the original GitS is the Major trying to deal with the question "Am I still human"? Transhumanism all that.

RivetGeekWil

Lead developer Tribes in the Dark
Cyberpunk 2020 has many of the tropes of Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed, and later books showed direct influences from the GitS manga. You can do GitS pretty much as-is in CP2020 and many have. In fact with Datafortress 2020 most of the work has been done for you.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I wouldnt mind something a little bespoke for this. However, Id lean heavily on the philosophical side to differentiate it. Not sure thats what a lot of folks are looking for though,

Remove ads