D&D 5E No More Dragon Magazine: The Next Best Thing!

dave2008

Legend
Now that it has come to my attention that Dragon+ is no more, I thought it would be a good idea to spotlight some D&D 5e magazines that are available. Additionally, some of these have production values and content similar the Dragon magazines of old (and you can get them in print too!):

ARCADIA
  • $12 per issue (bundled old issues for less & included w/ $10 Patreon support)
  • Monthly
  • 38-48 pages
  • Description: Full-color, bookmarked, and hyperlinked PDF with VTT-friendly adventure maps and handouts.
  • Publisher: MCDM
1659602537145.png

1659602503820.png

BROADSWORD
  • $15 per issue ($20 for print & bundles available)
  • Monthly
  • 100 - 140 pages
  • Description: An original tome with monsters, new adventures, player options, and more for the world’s most famous fantasy tabletop roleplaying game. Color cover w/ B&W interior art.
  • Publisher: DMDave
1659603023203.png

GATE PASS GAZETTE
  • $10 per issue ($15 for print)
  • Monthly
  • Pages ?
  • Description: The Gate Pass Gazette is the official monthly magazine for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition. Each month, this digital supplement comes crammed with new rules and resources for your game
  • Publisher: EN Publishing
1659603278673.png

MAG OF HOLDING
  • 12 lbs (only through KickStarter currently w/ options to pick up more issues for less per issue)
  • Quarterly
  • 100+
  • Description: It is a pocket dimension full of goodies for DMs and Players. You'll find new encounters, monsters, subclasses, magic items, spells, NPCs, feats, backgrounds, short stories, interviews, and more. The best part is, each Mag of Holding follows a theme, so when you're running a campaign with that theme, you know exactly where to look!
  • Publisher: Penny Dragon Games
1659603641525.png

WARLOCK
  • $3-$5
  • Monthly?
  • Pages ?
  • Description: Lairs, monsters, and lore for 5th Edition dark fantasy in Midgard (PDF)
  • Publisher: Kobold Press
1659603890687.png

DUNGEON VAULT MAGAZINE
  • $5.95 (yearly bundles for less)
  • Monthly
  • 30-40 Pages
  • Description: A compilation of adventures, lore, excellent cartography, and useful digital goodies.
    Dungeon Vault Magazine is all about providing interesting ideas and lore to DMs and storytellers
  • Publisher: Elven Tower
1659784836551.png

THE DRAGON'S HOARD
  • $5.99 or $12.99 for print (yearly bundles for less)
  • Monthly
  • 24+/- Pages
  • Description: A monthly anthology of magic items, spells, monsters, and more for your 5th Edition campaign! Each issue of The Dragon’s Hoard takes every new magic item, spell, monster, or other new rules content from our ongoing Legendary Loot Patreon and presents it for you, with dozens of new elements beautifully illustrated and ready to unleash on your players! In this month's features you'll find:
  • Publisher: Legendary Games
1660230416712.png

EYE ON CORYMR
  • Pay what you want ($4.00 recommendation), PDF only
  • no specific release schedule
  • 50+/- pages (issues 1-3 are 14-19 pages)
  • Description: A magazine all about Cormyr; Cormyr-themed content for players and Dungeon Masters for a 5E D&D campaign; how to move past Realmslore and customize Cormyr to suit your campaign
  • Publisher: Commonplace Publishing/ DMs Guild
1669712931961.png

1669712990661.png

Last edited:

Now that it has come to my attention that Dragon+ is no more, I thought it would be a good idea to spotlight some D&D 5e magazines that are available. Additionally, some of these have production values and content similar the Dragon magazines of old (and you can get them in print too!):

ARCADIA
BROADSWORD
GATE PASS GAZETTE
MAG OF HOLDING
WARLOCK
No one line summary of each? So I might tell if they be of interest to me.

Remove ads