• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

non-core base classes with trapfinding?

Tessarael

Explorer
Which non-core base classes have trapfinding? I'm looking specifically for those published in 3.5E books from Wizards of the Coast.

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Base Classes
Artificer -Eberron Campaign Setting
Ninja - Complete Adventurer
Scout - Complete Adventurer
Spellthief - Complete Adventurer
Beguiler - PHB II
Factotum - Dungeonscape

PrC's
Dungeon Delver - Complete Adventurer
Temple Raider - Complete Divine

Tessarael

Explorer
Thanks for the replies folks.

I've taken a look through most of those classes. For a dungeon crawl beginning at 1st level, it looks like Rogue remains my preferred option. Artificer would be of interest in a campaign that had a bit of downtime. Ninja is a more viable option from 2nd level. Human Scout would work from 3rd level, though it is feat intensive (Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack and later other PHBII feats that give additional iterative attacks with Spring Attack) and requires movement space (dungeon not so friendly in that regard)

I don't know of any Cleric domains that grant trapfinding.

starwed

First Post
[The scout] requires movement space (dungeon not so friendly in that regard)
In the PHB2 there's an option for the scout which trades the movement increase for the ability to traverse walls.

Dheran

First Post
No trapfinding in Clerical domains

There's a pretty comprehensive list of non-PH Clerical domains at the back of Spell Compendium, and none of these grant trapfinding. I've also checked the Eberron Campaign Setting domains, and there's nothing with trafinding there, either.

The closest matches are Cavern, which grants stonecunning (so you can find stone traps), and Portal, which lets you detect active/inactive portals as if they were normal secret doors.

Remove ads