D&D 5E Nonstandard Races You Love And Want Back

Lazorne

First Post
In no specific order:
Phanaton, Hengeyokai, Spirit Folk, Minotaur, Grippli, Tortle, Ilithid, Shardmind, Thri-Kreen, Changeling and Warforged

Are the once I really miss most of them could be solved with Mystara/Dark Sun/Kara-Tur/Ebberon Adventures Guide
Shardmind and Ilithid could be bundle up with what ever supplement that adds the Mystic

Brandegoris

First Post
In no specific order:
Phanaton, Hengeyokai, Spirit Folk, Minotaur, Grippli, Tortle, Ilithid, Shardmind, Thri-Kreen, Changeling and Warforged

Are the once I really miss most of them could be solved with Mystara/Dark Sun/Kara-Tur/Ebberon Adventures Guide
Shardmind and Ilithid could be bundle up with what ever supplement that adds the Mystic

Hengoyoki! Love them!

ALSO I totally LOVE the Minotaur as a Player character too! LOL
They are fun in Taverns!

QuietBrowser

First Post
You know, as someone who's actually taking the time to look up the various races of D&D past and add them to 1d4chan, it's surprising how many varieties of beastfolk there are, and how many of the non-beastfolk tend to boil down to variants of humans, dwarves, and elves.

I mean, the traditional Oriental Adventures races are the Korobokuru, which are essentially Japanese dwarves with a little halfling thrown in, and Spirit Folk, which to all intents and purposes are elves. Kind of disappointing.

So, since it's kind of related to the thread topic, are there any races either from real-world mythology or which have actually appeared in D&D as monsters-only that you'd be interested in seeing get the D&D treatment?

I know I've tried to do some more detailed "Yokai" races, though I've kind of gotten stuck after the Kitsune/Tanuki/Mujina/Itachi/Kawauso/Oni sextet...

Remove ads