Not DnD | Against the Darkmaster

A classic fantasy tabletop RPG served with a healthy dose of Heavy Metal.

Against the Darkmaster is a tabletop Epic Fantasy roleplaying game of high adventure, heroic action, and heavy metal combat. The game has a simple resolution mechanic using d100s and a flexible magic system. The passion & drive system encourages players to roleplay their characters motivations and goals.

Join Jessica and the team from Open Ended Games to learn more about this classic fantasy tabletop RPG that comes served with a healthy dose of classic Heavy Metal.

Not DnD is a weekly show discussing tabletop roleplaying games. Each week EN Publishing’s @tabletopjess interviews the creators behind different tabletop roleplaying games that aren’t D&D!

Watch the live recording every Monday at 5pm ET / 10pm GMT on YouTube or Twitch, or catch up with the podcast platform of your choice by searching 'Not DnD'.

CapnZapp

Legend
Regarding material designed specifically for VsD, there now is a complete campaign available, Secrets of the Golden Throne. It has a strong "Arthurian" flavour to it.
I know. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to continue the themes and setting of the prior campaign Shadows of Northern Wood.

I really had hoped VsD would focus on one setting, and focus on providing lots of adventures for that one setting.

What D100 gaming definitely does not need is more splintering.

Topramesk

Explorer
I know. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to continue the themes and setting of the prior campaign Shadows of Northern Wood.

I really had hoped VsD would focus on one setting, and focus on providing lots of adventures for that one setting.

Northern Woods and Golden Throne aren't actually that different in terms of themes, but we know that Awallon's setting isn't everyone's cup of tea and we'll be returning to a more classic fantasy setting soon (well, in a sense we've already returned to it with Heartbane, our latest scenario).
I don't know if we'll return specifically to Willow Lake, but we'll surely see more adventures set in the Nine Kingdoms in the near future.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads