D&D General Not gonna worry, Will just keep playin (+)

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
But keep in mind, the point of this thread is you dont have to leave D&D.

I mean feel free too, I play Champions, Rifts, Fate, Savage Worlds, Alternity, etc., but you dont have to.
it is more if it goes badly people are likely to want to move on but nothing really feels up my street and getting a game is hard already for me.

Clint_L

Hero
I have no plans to stop playing D&D. I think all the OGL stuff is a tempest in a tea pot; I'm not worried about it in the least. As long as the game continues to be fun, that's what matters. And I have enough stuff to play forever, so buying new products from WotC or anyone else has been optional for a long time. Like always, I'll buy new stuff if it looks fun.

FormerLurker

Adventurer
I decided six or seven months ago that I'd be skipping 6th Edition as I already own that edition, and don't need another X.5 Edition.

After being deeply, deeply disappointed by Ravenloft I thought that was going to be the final D&D book I would ever but, but decided to make a one-time exception for Dragonlance to run that with my online group. It's unfortunate that after buying every 5e book for seven or eight years after 2020 I just stopped buying content. WotC only seems interested in selling to new players 20 years my juniour.

I'll keep playing for now and see how long that lasts. I imagine when my online or in person game ends, finding a new group still playing 5.0 will be a challenge. So I'll probably just have to stop playing or move onto other games. That can be particularly hit-or-miss. It took me two months of constant looking to find a VtM game I liked.
I'll sit back and enjoy it while it lasts, knowing my time in the hobby now has an unknown deadline...

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'll still be playing, I don't think my friends and I are going to give mush thought to any potential changes in the OGL. Even though I'm planning to buy the new version, it looks like an improvement, we'd still play even if we stuck with what we currently have instead of moving to oneDnD, plenty of material and we make plenty of our own stuff so it's unlikely we'd get tired of using what we've got.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases