Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Wik

First Post
OOC: Holy crap, you guys are posting fast. I have to go to work in an hour or so! (it's noon right now). Sorry for my odd posting hours.

And why do we need a cart?

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
Galwynn, with his eight gold pieces, knows he's going to hoofing it on foot. Grumbling, he shoots a glance at Keldar. "This is going to be great. Be careful, thief... I have a feeling my hands might 'slip' and push you inside one of the mage's summoning circles..."
"If you're referring to my years with the Merfolk, we were not so much thieves as... alternative hoteliers," says Keldar. "As you'd know if you'd paid attention to the song."
Galwynn pauses for a moment. "You know, I've met Rillithorne once, albeit briefly. His house was oozing smoke, and one of his apprentices tried to steal a pie from us. He waved at us... or shook his hand. I couldn't quite tell from where I was standing; too busy protecting the pie." He scowls at Keldar. "You see, thiefling, the difference between YOUR crazy stories and MY crazy stories is that mine actually happened.".
"The difference between YOUR crazy stories and MINE is that yours are boring," shoots back Keldar as he leaves.

Solnath

First Post
"Would we really need a cart?" Sammy asks Rapture. "If so, I'd be happy to contribute, even though I'm used to riding with my backpack."

[sblock=OOC:Trouvere]I'm just relieved it wasn't intended to be almost Kheldar.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
EternalSword said:
OOC: Too many people, not enough cash or Ride. If you are getting a cart, who's driving? And Keldar, I'm pretty sure gaslighting counts as PvP.
OOC - Galwynn is no Ingrid Bergman!

Trouvere

Explorer
An hour later, in the square outside the Red Dragon Inn, a tired woman walks by with a tousle-haired child pulling on each of her hands. They squeal with delight as they see the famous dragon, though no doubt they've seen it many times before. A handful of adventurous looking types wander into the tavern, one or two come out. An old man sits dozing against a wall, in white priestly garb, hooded, heavy sacks beside him. A young man, dressed as a student wanders by, books under his arm, craning his neck upwards and gaping at the buildings. He drops a book and hastily retrieves it. Two halflings skip across the square merrily.

OOC - and that's me out until the party regroups here.

Wik

First Post
Trouvere said:
An hour later, in the square outside the Red Dragon Inn, a tired woman walks by with a tousle-haired child pulling on each of her hands. They squeal with delight as they see the famous dragon, though no doubt they've seen it many times before. A handful of adventurous looking types wander into the tavern, one or two come out. An old man sits dozing against a wall, in white priestly garb, hooded, heavy sacks beside him. A young man, dressed as a student wanders by, books under his arm, craning his neck upwards and gaping at the buildings. He drops a book and hastily retrieves it. Two halflings skip across the square merrily.

OOC - and that's me out until the party regroups here.

Galwynn quickly gathers up whatever supplies he doesn't already have on him, throws on a new shirt that is rumpled and torn before he leaves his bedroom, and stops by the temple of Halina for a quick prayer.

After that, he finds a position as far from Keldar as possible outside the Red Dragon Inn.

Trouvere

Explorer
Wik said:
After that, he finds a position as far from Keldar as possible outside the Red Dragon Inn.
OOC - Keldar? what Keldar? he's not back yet.

The priest dozing by the wall stirs, gets clumsily to his feet, and hefts the sacks with some difficulty. He walks across the square, drawing near to Galwynn. He drops the sacks in a puff of yellow dust. "Pleasant day," he says, standing alongside. He stretches, and rearranges a wooden image of a baby in a basket of wheat that hangs on a thong around his neck. "Halina blesses us."

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Tommy, you might want a saddle too, otherwise might be an unplesant ride. Horse + Saddle Bags + Riding Saddle is 89 gold.

ooc: True, true. Tommy, having forgotten and being too embarrassed to go back and ask for more cash, pays for the saddle and saddlebags out of pocket. And three days' feed, too, while he's at it. Hmm. Do I need a bit and bridle, too? Argh, I've never played a character who owned a horse before. :)

Remove ads