Notes on the Aether (Rae judging)

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar leans back through the doorway into the main room. "Come along, Galwynn. We are waiting." He ducks back inside and takes a seat. "He's a good lad, if a little slow." Keldar taps his head. "You heard him say he wanted to keep an eye on me, Arngrim. I suppose you could say he's something between a manservant and an acolyte."

OOC - off a high building, under a wagon, Keldar shall rely on his Reflex save.

Solnath

First Post
EternalSword said:
OOC: Is everyone's character approved?
[sblock=OOC]Yes, yay!

By the way Eternal, what timezone do you operate in?[/sblock]
covaithe said:
OOC: Yep, Tommy's approved. And, being in England isn't the same as being from England. ;)
[sblock=OOC]Tomato, tomato.[/sblock]

Last edited:

EternalSword

First Post
Solnath said:
[sblock=OOC]Yes, yay!

By the way Eternal, what timezone do you operate in?[/sblock]

OOC: EST (GMT -5), and yes, still room for Galwynn

Arngrim turns to the assembled group. "Here's what Rilithorne wants. Go down to Thyrin's tower near Grenton, get the notes, and bring them back. Deal with any Worst Case Scenario's as you see fit. Any questions?"

Trouvere

Explorer
"'Worst case scenario' is Keldar's middle name... or... three of them. If something has happened to Thyrin, how will we know what notes to retrieve?"

Solnath

First Post
Listening to Keldar's question and its appropriate answer, Sammy thinks for a while and speaks in her light soprano, "I'd have two questions... First of all, and this might sound silly, does anyone of us know where this 'Grenton' place is? Secondly, what can we expect from these 'worst case scenarios' if one of them has happened?" Slightly blushing, she flashes her tongue and continues with an apologising smile. "Sorry, but I'm not from these parts of the world."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Keldar has never been known to get lost," replies Keldar, "yet a map would not go amiss. Also, while I think of it, Arngrim, can you provide us with some token of Rilithorne's that would prove to his fellow mage that we are sent on his business? And finally, I must confess that while normally, I am flush with money, recently I donated all my ready coinage to the poor. A small advance on our expenses would be of use, perhaps?"

EternalSword

First Post
"Grenton is about a day and a half to the southwest, on the road to Allimon. I can give you a wardtoken of the variety Rilithorne uses. It isn't magical in and of itself but the front door is keyed to ones like it and Thyrin will recognize it. The notes should be in a book bound in leather with a ribbon of mithral wrapped around it. As for the Worst Case Scenario, there's three major possiblities. One, some of the traps he uses could have misfired. Two, an expirement in conjuration could have gone wrong. Or someone could have broken in. Hmm, an advance. What is it needed for and how much do you need?"

Remove ads